Forum

Full Version: XBIAN networking with Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have 2 raspberry pis, both running xbian, on my network, connected via a wireless bridge. My pcs can all see the raspberry pi's with no issues whatsoever, but neither of my mobile android devices, phone or tablet, are able to see or communicate with the pis. I get a destination host unreachable when attempting to ping them. Any ideas why this might be happening and/or suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt
what protocol you using when you accessing the RPi's?
Hi Rikardo, sorry I'm a bit of a linux newbie so not 100% sure if I understand correctly so plz bare with me Smile

I've tried pinging the ip v4, as well as connecting via samba to via name and ip. I've also attempeted to use both the xbmc remote and Yatse both to no avail and I've tried using Fing to find available servers and services, which doesn't find the pi's either.

I'm not sure if you're referring to any other type of protocol, if so please elaborate how I would set and /or check that.
are you sure you are not in mobile data?
Are you connected to your wireless network with your phone?
Yeah I can see my pcs from my phone, and my pcs can see the pis. I also have the same problem with my tablet which is wifi only, so even if something very strange was happening on my phone causing it to route through mobile data for those specific Ip's, that couldn't be happening on my tablet.
Just to check that you have installed samba on the pi's *and* configured it to use your network?

Do you have any firewalls active? try turning them off and see if it helps. Also check the router(s) for any filters or firewalls that might be in use.

On my android I can go to Files/Network/Samba and it picks up the network, from there the tablet can access the pi(s) and yatse works.

Sorry to but in but I thought it might help!

Skywatch
1) What version of xbian are you running.
2) Use a program called "fing" on your Android to detect what is availabe on that network.
3) Is the Wifi on the same subnet as your wired connections i.e. 192.168.0.xxx Some Wifi routers (Belkin) default to 192.168.2.xxx
(28th Jun, 2013 12:10 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Just to check that you have installed samba on the pi's *and* configured it to use your network?

Do you have any firewalls active? try turning them off and see if it helps. Also check the router(s) for any filters or firewalls that might be in use.

On my android I can go to Files/Network/Samba and it picks up the network, from there the tablet can access the pi(s) and yatse works.

Sorry to but in but I thought it might help!

Skywatch

Yeah I've got all that installed and configured. I can access ftp, ssh and samba shares via my desktop and laptops. No firewall running that should be causing any porblems, but I'll have a look at my routers firewall and try temporarily turning that off and see what happens.
i was thinking also about that,
3) Is the Wifi on the same subnet as your wired connections i.e. 192.168.0.xxx Some Wifi routers (Belkin) default to 192.168.2.xxx

can you post your
pi and phone ip adress, subnet and gateway?
Reference URL's