Forum

Full Version: MKVs crash (some)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys!

Just new to raspberry pi and xbian. Problem is with playing some mkvs, they just crash after a few seconds (or at about half of the movie)

I have detected that mkvs that do crash, i am not able to fast forward the movie by entering the desired time.

My setup is:
-raspberry pi model b
-xbian version 1.0beta1
-xbmx 12.2 compiled may 28
-powered by official adapter
-2hdds connect each one directly usb (one self powered by the rasp and the other with direct power)

My log file is weire cause i cant find the movie playback...

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=u5ymeX7Z
Can you upload your full log to pastebin?
It's a mkv timestamp issue, search this forum and you will find the resolution. Basically you must remux these bad mkv's.

Congratulations on your new Pi.
as mentioned,please edit your post by removing the log and post just pastebin link.All is in rules.
-thx-
(12th Jul, 2013 05:20 AM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upload your full log to pastebin?

That probably is his full log. Beta 1(.1) is truncating my logs too.

I have many mkvs of my DVDs and blurays made from makemkv and haven't had an issue with XBian playing them. I also suspect it's the mkvs.
Hi everyone!thanks for your answers!
Indeed thats my full log! Quite strange as it appears truncated...
Do you know any good mkv remux tool to solve my bad mkvs? It would be great if it could just fix man of them at the same time and not one at a time...
Thanks everyone!!
just remove the log from your post!
than go to pastebin and upload there and post just link to that!
thats all we asking please.
If no that me or one of the mod/crew will do and we will follow and apply the rules.
-thx-
also try to load the movie on your sd card or part of it and try to play from there or from network source.an unplug all the USB devices
(12th Jul, 2013 08:10 AM)Alopez1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone!thanks for your answers!
Indeed thats my full log! Quite strange as it appears truncated...
Do you know any good mkv remux tool to solve my bad mkvs? It would be great if it could just fix man of them at the same time and not one at a time...
Thanks everyone!!

Could you edit your post and remove the log, it is against the rules to post such long logs.

I don't deal with mkv's personally so I don't have a remux software of choice but "makemkv" seems to always produce reliable matroska video streams.

You should not connect a USB HD to the raspberry that does not have an external power adapter, you should invest in a powered USB hub. The USB ports on the raspberry pi are extremely limited in how much power they make available to peripherals, even if it seems to work properly it will cause random rebooting and hard lockups among other things.
Done Wink log editted!
I will try with my usb powered and see if the problem mantains with the same mkvs
Anyway, any other clue on why could his be happening? And why the log seems truncated?
I have tried meteorite on this mkv and the issue continues Sad
(12th Jul, 2013 02:50 PM)Alopez1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Done Wink log editted!
I will try with my usb powered and see if the problem mantains with the same mkvs
Anyway, any other clue on why could his be happening? And why the log seems truncated?
I have tried meteorite on this mkv and the issue continues Sad

thank you
and try what I have mentioned please in post #8
just avoid the USB device, any USB device! empty USB ports on RPi, nothing plugged in.
This helps narrow down the USB device issue and power issue.
Than if is good you know what Wink, if would be same you know is a doggy file with timestamp problem and you can re-encode
Simple Wink
-thx-
Thanks Rikardo for the info!!

I will try to stream the movies from my macbook (5ghz - n) and see if it works just to check if its a USB power problem.

If not, do you know any good mkv tool repairing that can batch repair multiple files at a time?

Thanks everyone again!! Smile
(12th Jul, 2013 05:29 PM)Alopez1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rikardo for the info!!

I will try to stream the movies from my macbook (5ghz - n) and see if it works just to check if its a USB power problem.

If not, do you know any good mkv tool repairing that can batch repair multiple files at a time?

not sure about the software, I have tried the Handbreak but that is for windoze and I see you using fruity products, so cant really help. But Im sure google is your friend Wink

BTW
you may be really interested of reading this thread
(12th Jul, 2013 05:55 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12th Jul, 2013 05:29 PM)Alopez1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rikardo for the info!!

not sure about the software, I have tried the Handbreak but that is for windoze and I see you using fruity products, so cant really help. But Im sure google is your friend Wink

BTW
you may be really interested of reading this thread

Yeah, such a pity Handbrake doesn't exist for OSX.

Oh, wait ..... http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
(12th Jul, 2013 08:10 AM)Alopez1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed thats my full log! Quite strange as it appears truncated...
Just an update on the truncated log...for me it was a WinSCP issue. The default file viewer was causing issues. Once I changed it to Notepad, things worked fine.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's