Forum

Full Version: MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently and got my Raspberry Pi and I have installed xbian beta 1.1 on it. I connected it to my network and TV and have it running. I also have my Mac which I have installed XBMC 12.2 on. So I wanted to sync up the RPi and Mac with the videos and music via MySQL. They both are fresh installs so I

I have a Win7 running MySQL 5.6 on the network, I followed this guide: MySQL setup to set up the database on my Mac and RPi.

On Win7 I also added a firewall rule to allow inbound connections on port 3306.

I followed this guide to setup my External HD(which is connected to the Win7 machine, uses SMB). I only share two folders over the network from the HD (Videos and Music).

So finally I started my restarted my RPi and added the Movies and TV Shows folder inside of the Videos folder. RPi/XBMC scanned the folders and updated the MySQL tables(I checked the tables using Workbench).

I restarted RPi just in case, and now I see two more options on the main menu, (Movies and TV Shows) but when I click on them, they dont show me the movies or the shows that I have. I have the same problem on the Mac, the Tv Shows and Movies options are added but the menu isnt populated.

How do I fix this? Did I miss a step somewhere?

screenshot of the Movies folder here
Oops just re-read the wiki article, I missed the Note about My SQl 5.6, will try and install 5.5 and see if the problem is resolved.
Downgrading to MySQL 5.5 fixes it!
thanks for info Wink
closing thread
Reference URL's