Forum

Full Version: Youtube 4.4.6 on Xbian 1.1 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

after upgrading to Xbian 1.1 Beta I'm having major issues with youtube playback.
Most of the times it crashes XBMC and returns to the login screen.
The thing is that I don't know if it's caused by Xbian or by the Youtube-addon.
The Youtube-addon changed from version 4.4.4 to 4.4.6 when I installed the new Xbian release.
So my question is if someone has the YT 4.4.4 zip still somewhere or knows where I could download it to test what's causing the issue.
(On the dev page google code it only goes up to version 2.x.x for some reason)

Thank you in advance.
we havent's sabotaged google to provide different version of the plugin specially for you, believe me. my xbmc is sabotaged the same way. anyhow, have you checked the change log for youtube add-on ?

Errata
- [XBMC] Thumbnails sometimes turns into black box or Folder (XBMC not detecting when thumbnail is set and defaulting to icon?)
- [XBMC] When sorting items, it's impossible to get them to return to their original order
- [XBMC] Has Excessive Memory use after running the plugin for prolonged periods of time
- [RTMPDUMP] Doesn't support handshake type 10 which is required by youtube.

i was never using youtube add-on frequently, but truth is, since those 4.4 updates, I didn't manage to play a video from youtube (tried maybe 5 times in past month)
Yeah, I wasn't assuming I was the only person in the world with version 4.4.6...would be kinda cool though.
I'm just browsing through my log, apparently it's spewing out disk IO errors.
Did a fsck of the sdcard (on a linux pc) but didn't find any errors.

The error log ends with a murder:

21:22:04 T:3042115584 ERROR: XBPyThread::stop - script /home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
21:22:04 T:3042115584 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=lZfbo-2sd1A]
21:22:04 T:2959860800 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Should I call the cops to catch the killer? :-)

As for the change log, they tried to implement support for some protocol if I remember correctly...
They've obviously failed
It's working correctly on the development branch of beta2, I just tested a few videos from my subscriptions.

I know this doesn't help your issue, was just stating no issue.

What version is your Pi?
(1st Aug, 2013 09:32 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]It's working correctly on the development branch of beta2, I just tested a few videos from my subscriptions.

I know this doesn't help your issue, was just stating no issue.

hm, thanks for info. i was not trying that. after the fails lately with youtube add-on, i resigned to use it from RPI - so even try with never version.
Hello Guy's
Google is trolling us...
See here for more info.
The a non-official patch can be found here
Hi guys,

sorry for the late update.
I've gotten youtube to work with the patch however my sdcard got corrupted because I forgot to set the core clock to 250Mhz (my Pi doesn't like core overclocks).
So I did a re-install and now it doesn't work anymore, not even with the patch.
The strangest thing is the error message I'm getting: "Your password is correct but we do no longer support..." , I'm unable to see what's no longer supported.
There's nothing usefull in the xbmc.log file.

Weird...

Code:
18:58:18 T:2828874816  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
18:58:19 T:3042738176   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin
18:58:19 T:3042738176   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin) failed

Edit: My own stupidity has cought with me again...I forgot to enter my email-address instead of my username....DOOOOH! RolleyesBlushRolleyes
well nice coding you share thanks..!
Reference URL's