Forum

Full Version: Migrate xbmc settings/library from openelec to xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm currently running openelec on my Raspberry Pi but would like to move to xbian for its support of Dual Audio.

I was wondering if there is a best practice guide or something like that for migrating my xbmc library.
On OpenELEC go to Settings -> Video -> Library then you can select "Export video library", next in Xbian go to same area and select "Import video library".
That's easy Smile So I only have to get all the paths the same on xbian as on openelec, right?
what about all the other settings?
Isn't it easier to make a backup of .xbmc/userdata ?
You could do this although incompatibilities may arise from different XBMC revisions.
(3rd Aug, 2013 12:01 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]You could do this although incompatibilities may arise from different XBMC revisions.

that's true, but if openelec is lower version, should not be issue as xbmc will perform settings upgrade as during standard version upgrade.

but if openelec is too much customized comparing to defaults, it can be issue (paths, external programs, players etc).

I have never seen openelec, so don't know.
My OpenELEC card is running XBMC Gotham and is highly customized, I'm not sure about the stock OpenELEC XBMC version. I would simply export/import the library and setup XBMC manually.
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:34 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]My OpenELEC card is running XBMC Gotham and is highly customized, I'm not sure about the stock OpenELEC XBMC version. I would simply export/import the library and setup XBMC manually.

I would simply not use OpenELEC Tongue

(just kidding)
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:36 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:34 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]My OpenELEC card is running XBMC Gotham and is highly customized, I'm not sure about the stock OpenELEC XBMC version. I would simply export/import the library and setup XBMC manually.

I would simply not use OpenELEC Tongue

(just kidding)

It's just a backup card, I keep it around to see the advancements. It's nice but it's no Xbian, I do however love it's ability to setup bluetooth keyboards and whatnot inside XBMC. I hate dealing with bluez manually.
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:42 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I do however love it's ability to setup bluetooth keyboards and whatnot inside XBMC. I hate dealing with bluez manually.

They have great user base and dev base and few days more behind them.

It is some kind of xbmc addon, or pure OpenELEC development and XBMC patching?
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:45 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(3rd Aug, 2013 01:42 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I do however love it's ability to setup bluetooth keyboards and whatnot inside XBMC. I hate dealing with bluez manually.

They have great user base and dev base and few days more behind them.

It is some kind of xbmc addon, or pure OpenELEC development and XBMC patching?

It's a stock OpenELEC settings plugin, much like XBian-Config but faster and more refined. Like you say, they simply have lead time over the XBian developers...and their distribution is simple compared to the Xbian OS.
(3rd Aug, 2013 02:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]It's a stock OpenELEC settings plugin, much like XBian-Config but faster and more refined. Like you say, they simply have lead time over the XBian developers...and their distribution is simple compared to the Xbian OS.

But xbian is afaik the only XBMC-on-Pi solution that supports dual audio - kudos for that!
(3rd Aug, 2013 02:24 AM)xbianomane Wrote: [ -> ]
(3rd Aug, 2013 02:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]It's a stock OpenELEC settings plugin, much like XBian-Config but faster and more refined. Like you say, they simply have lead time over the XBian developers...and their distribution is simple compared to the Xbian OS.

But xbian is afaik the only XBMC-on-Pi solution that supports dual audio - kudos for that!

Xbian is an actual Linux OS, OpenELEC is targeted appliance firmware, much like a routers firmware. It is Linux, but only minimally so and single purpose designed.

Xbian is much better in so many ways, dual audio being one of hundreds Wink
Reference URL's