Forum

Full Version: Beta 1.0 vs Beta 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which one should I choose I don't really want to encounter any problems. I'm just looking for the most reliable. Should I stay with 1.0?

Mod edit: fixed the title
I would take beta 1.1 since there are much more improvements in 1.1 than in 1.0
There are a lot of improvements but also a lot of changes, if your happy with your current installation I would wait until Beta 2 to upgrade.
(6th Aug, 2013 09:41 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of improvements but also a lot of changes, if your happy with your current installation I would wait until Beta 2 to upgrade.

Thanks guys, I think I'm stayin at 1.0 until 1.2 or whatever.

Much respect
Personally, I'd stick to Alpha5 - that seems to be one of the most stable at the moment. If you are on Beta 1, then upgrade to Beta 1.1 as it fixes a lot of the issues with Beta 1. As F1vefour mentions, if you are happy with what you have, I'd also wait until Beta 1.2.
I have an different opinion
Get your hands dirty, get the latest possible and try to help the guys by reporting issues, bugs, suggestions maybe,...
This way we may get one step closer to make it better Wink
And thats what all of us want, make it good, better, best
Cool
(6th Aug, 2013 08:49 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I have an different opinion
Get your hands dirty, get the latest possible and try to help the guys by reporting issues, bugs, suggestions maybe,...
Cool

While I certainly share this methodology everyone doesn't have the needed skillset to fix things that may break, or they may have a wife like mine that freaks out and calls you 20 times a day because the Pi is acting up :-)
(6th Aug, 2013 11:28 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
Cool

While I certainly share this methodology everyone doesn't have the needed skillset to fix things that may break, or they may have a wife like mine that freaks out and calls you 20 times a day because the Pi is acting up :-)

there is an simple solution for you Smile get 2nd SD card for testing and have a fun when your missus is out. I do the same, I have main stable SD card and few test cards Wink
(7th Aug, 2013 07:50 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(6th Aug, 2013 11:28 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
Cool

there is an simple solution for you Smile get 2nd SD card for testing and have a fun when your missus is out. I do the same, I have main stable SD card and few test cards Wink

I do but never thought about swapping cards before I leave the house, good idea Big Grin
I think the new beta 1.1 version is excellent, and people will see that it will prove to be beneficial for those who are writing dissertation editing services reviews. If you think this version is not good, please let me know why.
Reference URL's