Forum

Full Version: VDPAU or equivalent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was using Openelec on an Ion based PC but decided to get one of these magnificent Pi's to replace it. I have everything set up nicely (which was a breeze). The only problem I have is that everything I play (mostly MKV's and MP4's) look flat and under contrast. I had the same thing on Ion Openelec but there was an option to enable VDPAU which fixed this problem. Everything looked more colourful, better depth and better black levels.

I was wondering if Xbian had VDPAU or equivalent and if so, can someone tell me how to enable it?

Any information would be appreciated (I hope this is not a repeat question, couldn't find a solution)

Thanks
(13th Aug, 2013 12:03 AM)Dalsim Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I was using Openelec on an Ion based PC but decided to get one of these magnificent Pi's to replace it. I have everything set up nicely (which was a breeze). The only problem I have is that everything I play (mostly MKV's and MP4's) look flat and under contrast. I had the same thing on Ion Openelec but there was an option to enable VDPAU which fixed this problem. Everything looked more colourful, better depth and better black levels.

I was wondering if Xbian had VDPAU or equivalent and if so, can someone tell me how to enable it?

Any information would be appreciated (I hope this is not a repeat question, couldn't find a solution)

Thanks
try to add this line into your /boot/config.txt than reboot an see if its any better
Code:
hdmi_pixel_encoding=2
Quote:try to add this line into your /boot/config.txt than reboot an see if its any better
Code:
hdmi_pixel_encoding=2

YES! That has solved it Big Grin Great, thank you.

I am so sorry, I did not realise that this was being described in the thread right before mine:

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1212.html

I think this thread can be deleted as it is the same as the other one. Sorry to have wasted anyones time, a lesson has been learned.
(13th Aug, 2013 08:12 AM)Dalsim Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:try to add this line into your /boot/config.txt than reboot an see if its any better
Code:
hdmi_pixel_encoding=2

YES! That has solved it :D Great, thank you.

I am so sorry, I did not realise that this was being described in the thread right before mine:

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1212.html

I think this thread can be deleted as it is the same as the other one. Sorry to have wasted anyones time, a lesson has been learned.

nice to hear ;) so back to enjoying :D
Also once your problem is resolved, please mark your thread as Solved by editing first post and changing the prefix. I did it this time for you ;)

btw if you like to thanks someone on forum for helpful hint, just click "Thumb up Thanks" button under post ;)
Reference URL's