Forum

Full Version: SD Card Resize on fresh install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys anyone can help a noob out, me!... I have just done a fresh install of Beta 1.1 to a 8GB sd card and every time it sticks at SD Resize.. it is getting really frustrating not knowing why. I have alread set another Pi up with Alpha 5 and no issue.

Any ideas
(15th Aug, 2013 03:43 AM)Slick180 Wrote: [ -> ]it is getting really frustrating not knowing why. I have alread set another Pi up with Alpha 5 and no issue.

remove "splash" from /boot/cmdline.txt .

you will be able to read actual status from screen.
Hi did remove splash and it displays a large RESIZING text string with /rootfs or max. Then getting stale NFS handle
(15th Aug, 2013 04:43 AM)Slick180 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi did remove splash and it displays a large RESIZING text string with /rootfs or max. Then getting stale NFS handle

ok so the resize process actually finished.

you said it's clean img freshly put on to the card. just wondering what NFS is doing there?
It is really strange. Used another sd card and using beta 1.1. It is now hung at init process

Removed the splash in cmdline and it doing something with root
you can still use two options
1) put "debug" into cmdline.txt and reboot
or/and
2) try starting without network attached or wlan adapter connected
I have tried the debug and get /sbin/init: stale NFS handle.
1) What OS are you performing the task on? Windoze, Mac or other.
2) What program did you use to write the image? Xbianinstaller or Win32diskimage?
3) Did you format the card before use? If so what program?
4) Can you run a sha1sum on your image file and report the output.
It should look like this:
>sha1sum.exe "XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.img"
dccecab5f33b7ed1d6b652da056b1028da420326 XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.img
5) If different, try downloading the image file again and try again.
Looks like i have got to the bottom of it..
When i use the Xbian installer for windows it installs but it will not load Xbain. When i use Win32 Disc imager it works fine on most of the SD cards. The new SD card i bought for this project must be a duffer. Time to replace. At least i got it going. Thanks for the help!
Glad you got it sorted.

I had this problem before but that was on the old (Ver 01) of XbianInstaller. Works fine on Ver 02.
Reference URL's