Forum

Full Version: Can you back up the image remotely?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to get a problem when I remove the SD card from the Pi in that it doesn't like to work afterwards. What I was wondering is if there is someway that I can take an image of it without actually removing it from the Pi?

Thanks
Ant
(16th Aug, 2013 04:57 AM)anthonyonions Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to get a problem when I remove the SD card from the Pi in that it doesn't like to work afterwards. What I was wondering is if there is someway that I can take an image of it without actually removing it from the Pi?

yes, of course. but to elaborate more, what would be the desired target backup?

locally attached usb stick, you can directly overwrite? or local/network folder and you want to have .img file?
I'm not sure to be honest. I've not had much luck as far as I can tell with restoring .img files yet, but that could be due to problems seen with the SD card becoming locked.

Writing to USB/NAS drive would be good, NAS preferably as it requires less (read no) physical interference with the Pi.
Reference URL's