Forum

Full Version: Won´t play videos from library, but can from files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(22nd Aug, 2013 09:26 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Read this please:

http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/xbmc-database-versions/

As far as i know Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 is based on xbmc 12.2, the same version I use on my computers. Mysql server is only showing the 2 databases so that must mean they all use the same databases..
(22nd Aug, 2013 02:25 AM)paplo Wrote: [ -> ]Now i just cleaned the library that my Pi had made from my computer and it removed it all. I then rebuild it with my computer and now the Pi won't play anything in movies or in TV Shows, just like then i started.. My conclusion is that if the Pi don't make the library the first time, it wont play anything. If i use the Pi to create the library and then clean it from another device, it removes it all.. There must be a solution to this?

this will happen if you put LOCAL media to shared database. the purpose of clean is (beside other things) find records in database which do not exist anymore and remove them.

so if you attach an usb disk to RPI and use local path (like /media/xxxxxx) to scrape the media files, other XBMC instances will see "/media/xxxxx" in database. and when you use "Clean Library" option from such XBMC, it will check local folder and local file - which of course doesn't exists, so will remove it from DB.
(24th Aug, 2013 12:16 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22nd Aug, 2013 02:25 AM)paplo Wrote: [ -> ]Now i just cleaned the library that my Pi had made from my computer and it removed it all. I then rebuild it with my computer and now the Pi won't play anything in movies or in TV Shows, just like then i started.. My conclusion is that if the Pi don't make the library the first time, it wont play anything. If i use the Pi to create the library and then clean it from another device, it removes it all.. There must be a solution to this?

this will happen if you put LOCAL media to shared database. the purpose of clean is (beside other things) find records in database which do not exist anymore and remove them.

so if you attach an usb disk to RPI and use local path (like /media/xxxxxx) to scrape the media files, other XBMC instances will see "/media/xxxxx" in database. and when you use "Clean Library" option from such XBMC, it will check local folder and local file - which of course doesn't exists, so will remove it from DB.

I understand that but all my media is located on my nas. If you look at the sources file i my first post you can see how my media is placed. Isn't that the right way to do it?
(25th Aug, 2013 12:59 AM)paplo Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that but all my media is located on my nas. If you look at the sources file i my first post you can see how my media is placed. Isn't that the right way to do it?

indeed it is. is this source file shared for all the clients - XBMC installations? can you from each XBMC go to videos->files and browse the content (although the share source is not needed for scraped database, because the paths are there, but at least for testing).
(25th Aug, 2013 01:08 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Aug, 2013 12:59 AM)paplo Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that but all my media is located on my nas. If you look at the sources file i my first post you can see how my media is placed. Isn't that the right way to do it?

indeed it is. is this source file shared for all the clients - XBMC installations? can you from each XBMC go to videos->files and browse the content (although the share source is not needed for scraped database, because the paths are there, but at least for testing).

Yes it's the same source file i put on all my xbmc machines. I can browse and play content from the file list just fine from all xbmc installations. But when i try to play from the movies or tv shows tab from the Pi nothing happens..
ok, according to your xbmc.log it is due the passwords. as your files are scraped and added into database, the USER:PASSWORD part is not added to the location of the file.

check the one xbmc which you used to scrap the files if you have userdata/passwords.xml file.

how you manage the sources file? you manually copy it to each xbmc installation? what happens, if you edit the source file and add to each section <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>? like this:
Code:
<source>
            <name>Film</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://xbmc:xbmc@192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

second option - password file: on client where you can't play from Library:
Code:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xbmc:xbmc@192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

fast check is to set the shares as GUEST ok on NAS. so access without password.
(25th Aug, 2013 03:58 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, according to your xbmc.log it is due the passwords. as your files are scraped and added into database, the USER:PASSWORD part is not added to the location of the file.

check the one xbmc which you used to scrap the files if you have userdata/passwords.xml file.

how you manage the sources file? you manually copy it to each xbmc installation? what happens, if you edit the source file and add to each section <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>? like this:
Code:
<source>
            <name>Film</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://xbmc:xbmc@192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

second option - password file: on client where you can't play from Library:
Code:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xbmc:xbmc@192.168.1.50/Shares/Downloads/Film</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

fast check is to set the shares as GUEST ok on NAS. so access without password.

FINALLY! The passwords.xml was what i needed. Now every XBMC can play, update and clean the library without no problems! Thanks man!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's