Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I got the following moving from Alpha 5:

initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
Error opening '/dev/input/event*': No such file or directory

Setting up xbian-package-kernel (1.2-2) ...
xbian-update-initramfs called from within dpkg process. Saving requested kernel version and trigger.
Processing triggers for xbian-package-initramfs-tools ...
W: Operation was interrupted before it could finish
(25th Jul, 2013 09:16 AM)thedude459 Wrote: [ -> ]I got the following moving from Alpha 5:

initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
Error opening '/dev/input/event*': No such file or directory

Setting up xbian-package-kernel (1.2-2) ...
xbian-update-initramfs called from within dpkg process. Saving requested kernel version and trigger.
Processing triggers for xbian-package-initramfs-tools ...
W: Operation was interrupted before it could finish

I then did a apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install -f

And XBMC came back up. I then rebooted and it is stuck on the Init Process the bar goes half way across. I can't SSH in.
How can I see boot log which hidden behind splashscreen (xbian logo,"Loading..."and progressbar)?
(26th Jul, 2013 06:32 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]How can I see boot log which hidden behind splashscreen (xbian logo,"Loading..."and progressbar)?

You can add debug to cmdline.txt. The link CurlyMo provided gives the full list and what they do, thanks for that by the way.

(25th Jul, 2013 02:21 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Beta 1,1 Fresh install from xbian installer.

Mounting a USB drive, the device shows up in ssh df -h and in system->Info, however it is not shown in Videos, Music Pictures etc. It can be added via Add->Source but should be automounted.
Linked to Github issue #429

I may be misunderstanding your question but according to you the drive is mounted (df). It can be added to XBMC by Add -> Source. Did you plug the drive in and mount it yourself because I have no issue with drives auto-mounting.

Do you mean you have previously added the drive in question via Add -> Source setting the scraper type only to have XBMC forget this information upon removing/re-inserting the drive.
(26th Jul, 2013 08:22 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Jul, 2013 06:32 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]How can I see boot log which hidden behind splashscreen (xbian logo,"Loading..."and progressbar)?

You can add debug to cmdline.txt. The link CurlyMo provided gives the full list and what they do, thanks for that by the way.

(25th Jul, 2013 02:21 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Beta 1,1 Fresh install from xbian installer.

Mounting a USB drive, the device shows up in ssh df -h and in system->Info, however it is not shown in Videos, Music Pictures etc. It can be added via Add->Source but should be automounted.
Linked to Github issue #429

I may be misunderstanding your question but according to you the drive is mounted (df). It can be added to XBMC by Add -> Source. Did you plug the drive in and mount it yourself because I have no issue with drives auto-mounting.

Do you mean you have previously added the drive in question via Add -> Source setting the scraper type only to have XBMC forget this information upon removing/re-inserting the drive.
I switch on the RPi with the drives already attached, it boots normally.
Drives are visable in df -h and xbmc ->System Info. But if I go to videos or music they are not there.

The drive is detected:
Code:
hub 1-1.3.4:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1.3.4:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-1.3.4.1: new high-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
usb 1-1.3.4.1: New USB device found, idVendor=8564, idProduct=1000
usb 1-1.3.4.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-1.3.4.1: Product: Mass Storage Device
usb 1-1.3.4.1: Manufacturer: JetFlash
usb 1-1.3.4.1: SerialNumber: 1126037189
and mounted
Code:
/dev/sda1       7.4G  3.0G  4.5G  40% /media/E835-A67A
In XBMC - System Info
System Info
In XBMC - Videos (The ones shown are SMB)
Videos

It's the same if I use a HUB or directly into the RPi.

Tried an rpi-update but that didn't work either.
Could it be related to
Code:
init: Unable to connect to the system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

In Alpha5 it worked - also if you hotplugged a USB drive you got a message USB drive mounted.
@iriduim

Have you previously set the content type via add source and chosen a scraper type?

What I'm saying is XBMC doesn't automatically pick up what type of content is on an external drive, you must set it. I'm sure you know this already.
(26th Jul, 2013 09:41 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]@iriduim

Have you previously set the content type via add source and chosen a scraper type?

What I'm saying is XBMC doesn't automatically pick up what type of content is on an external drive, you must set it. I'm sure you know this already.

I don't get the chance to see it in XBMC to add content. (See pictures above)

In XBMC 12.2 do you have to manually add a HDD instead of it being automatically detected?
Hi!

I have a problem that i had before. Here is thread. After upgrade i have this problem again. I've checked that line is present in my /boot/config.txt
Thank you for the help!
(26th Jul, 2013 09:55 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]

In XBMC 12.2 do you have to manually add a HDD instead of it being automatically detected?

Let me unplug my main drive and test.

Ok I umounted my main drive that contains all my content, XBMC notified me of the disconnection.

I plugged in a flash drive that had not previously been plugged in, XBMC notified me the new drive had been mounted. I select Videos and the drive is there and capable of being browsed and used.

I am however currently using mk01's development repo (http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1121) perhaps this is why it works for me.

This is what isn't working for you, correct?

I see you have tried using the same repo but aren't currently?
(26th Jul, 2013 09:57 PM)denis.n Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I have a problem that i had before. Here is thread. After upgrade i have this problem again. I've checked that line is present in my /boot/config.txt
Thank you for the help!

as this is really specific to your HW setup you would need to find the right settings. Im cant see how would update/upgrade to Beta affect this as it shouldnt. Maybe only RPi firmware or kernel ??? not sure.
Try to change the value of
Code:
hdmi_pixel_encoding=
from 1 to 2 which is full RGB.
(26th Jul, 2013 10:02 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Jul, 2013 09:55 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]

Let me unplug my main drive and test.

Ok I umounted my main drive that contains all my content, XBMC notified me of the disconnection.

I plugged in a flash drive that had not previously been plugged in, XBMC notified me the new drive had been mounted. I select Videos and the drive is there and capable of being browsed and used.

I am however currently using mk01's development repo (http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1121) perhaps this is why it works for me.

This is what isn't working for you, correct?

I see you have tried using the same repo but aren't currently?

I still have the BETA 2 SD card, and I am about to try that now. The current setup is default BETA 1.1 from xbian installer - no additions, so it should not work for anyone on Beta 1.1.

Beta 2 - Still the same problem.
Tried on another RPi with BETA 1.1 and still the same problem.
Tried Raspbmc and the drives were not even mounted in linux.
I had to do a fresh install and I can confirm that special characters in the password and spaces in the SSID work.
@iriduim

My stock beta1.1 card is toasted currently, can someone else verify this issue?

Could you try plugging a drive directly into the Pi instead of a hub, the difference between our setup is I don't use a hub.
(27th Jul, 2013 12:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]@iriduim

My stock beta1.1 card is toasted currently, can someone else verify this issue?

Could you try plugging a drive directly into the Pi instead of a hub, the difference between our setup is I don't use a hub.
Already tried that #111
Will give another go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's