Forum

Full Version: Wrong display resolution with hdmi audio extractor installed, fixed after reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am using an HDMI audio decoder from Ligawo. It basically has an HDMI in port and provides me with HDMI video output with seperate S-PDIF audio output to connect to my DTS amp and my TV.

I turn off all my playback electronics completely with a switchable extension lead. So whenever I want to watch some movie I simply turn on the lead and raspberry boots up, TV is turned on etc.

Problem with this is, that my raspi does not detect 1080p or 720p as correct resolution for my TV, instead it uses some other resolution which looks ugly on my screen. Another reboot of the raspberry fixes this problem and the TV is then properly detected.

Is there any way to fix this so I can skip the second reboot?

Cheers,
Mr.Foo
You can use the config.txt to force an resolution.
Check the Video mode options page for more info.
If you need any more help, just shout =)

edit:
Example for 1080p@50Hz (CEA)

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=31
This happens when the RPi is not shutdown properly but turned off. This is not recomended as it can corrupt Xbian. The best way is to shutdown Xbian (sudo poweroff or use the XBMC poweroff button) then power off the rest of the electronics.
@brantje: Thanks, that did the trick :-)

@IriDium: Yes, I know. I never shut down the raspi by pulling the plug. I shut it down using xbmc shutdown feature and afterwards I pull the plug of the whole home theatre system.
just want to add
the resolution wasnt set properly at first boot cos the RPi was ON and trying to detect the CEC before either your TV or HDMI splitter was Wink
So if you leave your RPi ON all the time (it will probably cost you £3 a year on your electricity bill Smile ) and turn ON/OFF the rest you should be good Wink
Reference URL's