Forum

Full Version: subtitles encoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the subtitles download, and they start showing, but all I get are strings of strange characters.

On windows I know I used my specific language encoding. I don't know why, but I fail to find it on the xbian xbmc. Is it because its a Linux?

I doubt it, but I'd appreciate any help.
Dan
try to provide some more infos,by following the links from my signature about how to post and also what language and localization you are looking for.
-thx-
Well, did some web research, and eventually I found and tested positively the following:

I copied the arial.ttf file from a windows XBMC installation $APPDATA%\userdata\fonts\arial.ttf
to the userdata/Fonts (renamed it to pcarial.ttf)

Selected pcarial.ttf in xbmc, verified the encoding is hebrew(windows), and it is now working fine.

Looks like the xbian provided arial.ttf does not have hebrew fonts in it.

Dan
(25th Aug, 2013 08:56 PM)Dbbd Wrote: [ -> ]Well, did some web research, and eventually I found and tested positively the following:

I copied the arial.ttf file from a windows XBMC installation $APPDATA%\userdata\fonts\arial.ttf
to the userdata/Fonts (renamed it to pcarial.ttf)

Selected pcarial.ttf in xbmc, verified the encoding is hebrew(windows), and it is now working fine.

Looks like the xbian provided arial.ttf does not have hebrew fonts in it.

Dan

great, thanks for feedback.
Can you please edit your first post and change prefix to Solved.
-thx-
Reference URL's