Forum

Full Version: Weird issue... FF/RW doesnt work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys... suddenly my Fast forward and rewinds wont work (Hitting Right or left on XMBC or Yatse remote on android (or UP and DOWN))..
basically, you hit one of those and the image freezes on last played frame... doesnt skip ahead. Weirdest of all... XMBC still works and is functional (I can play a different video from my remote.. or start the video over)
Runnin B1.1

Any help would be appreciated (Just let me know what other info you need
XBMC log with debug enabled after issue occurs posted to pastebin and link.
(28th Aug, 2013 02:03 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC log with debug enabled after issue occurs posted to pastebin and link.

OK.. frustrated... but.. HOW do I get the log file? When I log into the XBIAN via FTP, it doesnt show anything in my /home/xbian/ folder other than the install files for Xbianusb-install files

Is this because I'm running Xbian from USB? And if so... how do I look at the contents of the USB drive? (If i look under DEV, theres nothing there... same with MNT folder...)

Also, I am logging in as Xbian as for some weird reason, I cant log in as ROOT... I keep getting kicked back with error: Login incorrect (I set the password, so I know it's the correct password for root)
after you set password, you need enable ROOT user for SSH login in /etc/ssh/sshd_config - "PermitRootLogin yes"
(29th Aug, 2013 12:51 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]after you set password, you need enable ROOT user for SSH login in /etc/ssh/sshd_config - "PermitRootLogin yes"

PermitRootLogin is enabled... Verified in /etc/ssh/sshd_config under:
#Authentication
LoginGraceTime 120
PermitRootLogin yes
StrictModes yes
and "PAM no" ?

I'm not certain with root, but PAM is setting some additional requerements, for example no password allowed in ssh will be denied by PAM, maybe root account is the same.
(29th Aug, 2013 01:39 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]and "PAM no" ?

I'm not certain with root, but PAM is setting some additional requerements, for example no password allowed in ssh will be denied by PAM, maybe root account is the same.

Got ROOT login... but still cant find the logs... and still cant find my USB drive...

well... let me rephrase that... I can pull up the log if I SSH into the RPi, but I cant find it through FTP...

nevermind... Im retarded... SHOW HIDDEN FILES!!! DUH! Smile

(28th Aug, 2013 02:03 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC log with debug enabled after issue occurs posted to pastebin and link.

http://pastebin.com/3BUEr95T
In Frodo nightlies, FF/RW + changing format of played video (4:3, ZOOM, WIDE ZOOM, 16:9) is again working.
(29th Aug, 2013 04:04 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]In Frodo nightlies, FF/RW + changing format of played video (4:3, ZOOM, WIDE ZOOM, 16:9) is again working.

OK, noob question here... How do I update to a nightly?
which version you are reading now of xbmc in system-> information after this update?
Reference URL's