Forum

Full Version: Scroll Wheel in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know why the scroll wheel doesn't work on the RPi in XBMC? I believe it works in Raspbian but not in Raspbmc, Openelec or Xbian.

It has the correct mouse.xml and confluence has support for it - as it works in Ubuntu - so it has something to do with either the kernel or the mappings.

I've mucked about with the mappings but without success.

Could it be that all mice are classed as PS2 or something.

Just curious but there a lot of people who would like this functionality.

...... any thoughts?
(11th Sep, 2013 02:00 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know why the scroll wheel doesn't work on the RPi in XBMC? I believe it works in Raspbian but not in Raspbmc, Openelec or Xbian.

there is XBMC for raspbian and mouse wheel is working with it ?
I dont think so that you can make this working on RPi/XBMC combo
You may find some clue here
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/56621-mouse-scroll-wheel-does-not-fuction-on-pi-install
Naturally - the support would need to be programmed into XBMC. Under other linux platforms (not RPI) it's working because all the work is done by X.

That's why I asked to be directed to the package / source what IriDium is pointing at (as working under raspbian). But that is the same story as the Raspbmc going CrystalBUNTU etc. It is still the one and only issue. Currently no official accel Xorg for RPI, thus XBMC running standalone thus what XBMC was relying on Xorg functions these will not work under RPI until someone programs it into XBMC sources.
So if I read this correctly. XBMC relies on X (whatever version) to interpret the mouse wheel commands and to act upon them. as RPi doesn't use X, then this information is sent into the big black ether. So until XBMC is programmed to handle mouse wheel commands it will never work?

So how do all the other commands still work? Click, left right and movement? Are they programmed into XBMC? If so, why where mouse wheels not programmed into XBMC? (They obviously were as the commands can be mapped)

I'm only curious, don't spend any time on it - but I'm interested.
No, the basics are part of event kernel module (the /dev/input/eventX) char devices created upon start / connect.
Reference URL's