Forum

Full Version: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too lazy to switch off Xbian when turning your TV off for the night?

Now you don't have to.....

Go to Settings --> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter. Set "When the TV is switched off" to Shutdown.

Now you can enjoy an extra few minutes sleep without having to worry about shutting down Xbian.
what is the reason to shutdown xbian?

how are you turning it on?

I have better tip: how to turn off TV when you are lazy or lost your RC and your movie already finished? just wait for screensaver. XBIAN will turn off TV automatically Smile
I guess that you both talking about XBMC features available since libCEC implementation Wink
Cool

Anyway,turning off RPi is pretty useless as @mk01 said cos to keep it on 24/7 whole year is going to cost you a massive £5 around...
(11th Sep, 2013 07:26 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that you both talking about XBMC features available since libCEC implementation Wink
Cool

Anyway,turning off RPi is pretty useless as @mk01 said cos to keep it on 24/7 whole year is going to cost you a massive £5 around...

1. yes 2. yes 3. yes

I'm curious man, the question wasn't directed to open flamewar Tongue

But it's not first time I see this as a topic and few people are ready to invest A LOT OF MONEY and TIME into making it possible (i mean real OFF and switch ON) - found on various forums. But never a reason.
My setup is. TV, AMP, RPi, Homeplug, USB disks, Powered hub, (split to power the RPi) all via a single switch.

So at the end of the night, I just have one switch to power the whole lot off and on.

CEC from the RPi will turn the TV on and the rest is history.

Flame away: It wasn't meant as anything, but more to inform people that the option is there (and you have to admit it is not obvious).

Rickardo: I bet you let your car idle. It's only about a quarter of a gallon per hour = £1.25 Tongue

I honestly don't think we share enough tips - maybe a part of the wiki page perhaps?
Reference URL's