Forum

Full Version: APT Repo temporarily down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guy's
Today the apt repo is down for a little while.
I'm going to change the server os from ubuntu to debian, which is imo, much more stable.
Also Apache will be replaced by nginx, resulting in faster page downloads and a faster download speed.

If all goes good, i will be finished around 19:00 (GMT+1).

XBian will be the first account that will be restored to keep the downtime minimal as possible.

The first goal was to find a second server to take it over, i got one from ebay, but i got a little scammed as the server was delivered without harddrives -_-.

If you do an sudo apt-get update or upgrade you will receive this error:
Quote:W: Failed to fetch mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt/dists/wheezy/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found [Mirror: http://xbian.brantje.com/]
happy reinstalling
(11th Sep, 2013 05:56 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]happy reinstalling

Thanks, will be good, got cigarettes and a good supply of coffee by missus Wink

And start
don't change your mind after setup & fine tuning, that you wanted RAID1+0 instead of RAID5 or some other destructive requirements Big Grin
(11th Sep, 2013 06:58 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]don't change your mind after setup & fine tuning, that you wanted RAID1+0 instead of RAID5 or some other destructive requirements Big Grin

I go for mirroring. The server has only 2 drives.
doesn't matter. you know what i mean. Smile

i did once such mistake. it was SAN with 2x24 slots with 2TB drives almost full. I spend some days doing sync mirror to another 2x24 set and then back Big Grin
(11th Sep, 2013 07:15 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]doesn't matter. you know what i mean. Smile

i did once such mistake. it was SAN with 2x24 slots with 2TB drives almost full. I spend some days doing sync mirror to another 2x24 set and then back Big Grin

The other server i bought, without harddrives.
If i find some big harddrives, then this will be a storage box.
Dell PowerEdge ? 6 slots and internal SCSI Raid controller? More then enough.

Would you create me an account after installing? To create APT repo for branch testing ?
If you want to have stability, go for a FreeBSD + ZFS solution.
And we're back up =)
(11th Sep, 2013 08:16 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]Dell PowerEdge ? 6 slots and internal SCSI Raid controller? More then enough.

Would you create me an account after installing? To create APT repo for branch testing ?
Will send you an pm
Thanks for your support. Very helpful post. word hurdle dordle
Reference URL's