Forum

Full Version: seeking buged ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i thought that this was fixed long ago as it appeared few wekks or better months ago...
or at least it was reported, Im more than sure about this
(20th Sep, 2013 04:46 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me, when beta 1.2 is to arrive or if it is available, already, where to get it? The installer does not have/show it.
See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312.html?highlight=beta+2

(21st Sep, 2013 12:01 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought that this was fixed long ago as it appeared few wekks or better months ago...
If Github is to be believed it "might" be fixed in Beta 1.2.
Github
I've just tried it on the test machine and set Output stereo to all speakers and Dual audio output - and then played a 720p DTS and seek +/- 30sec and +/- 10min worked. I only have one pair of speakers but XBMC doesn't know that!
(21st Sep, 2013 12:21 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(20th Sep, 2013 04:46 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me, when beta 1.2 is to arrive or if it is available, already, where to get it? The installer does not have/show it.
See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312.html?highlight=beta+2

(21st Sep, 2013 12:01 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought that this was fixed long ago as it appeared few wekks or better months ago...
If Github is to be believed it "might" be fixed in Beta 1.2.
Github
I've just tried it on the test machine and set Output stereo to all speakers and Dual audio output - and then played a 720p DTS and seek +/- 30sec and +/- 10min worked. I only have one pair of speakers but XBMC doesn't know that!

I just updated to 1.2 and now the "all feature" is gone, I thought, but I found it a bit down the same page with a different title.

It is working now. Thank you very much for that help. Smile
@syco - glad you are now happy. If you stay on beta 1.2 can you post any problems/issues to Beta 1.2 Thread Tnx.

The status should stay as Problem as it is a Beta 1, 1.1 problem.
(22nd Sep, 2013 04:53 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@syco - glad you are now happy. If you stay on beta 1.2 can you post any problems/issues to Beta 1.2 Thread Tnx.

The status should stay as Problem as it is a Beta 1, 1.1 problem.

Okay, I leave it as problem here and I can post any further problems/issues, if I come across any, of course. I am just a light user with low expectations on my PI. Smile
(22nd Sep, 2013 05:12 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]I am just a light user with low expectations on my PI. Smile
With Xbian - you will have a high experience as a media server. IMHO
(22nd Sep, 2013 05:26 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(22nd Sep, 2013 05:12 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]I am just a light user with low expectations on my PI. Smile
With Xbian - you will have a high experience as a media server. IMHO

Nothing against Xbian, I just wanted to say, that I will not stumble upon many problems, I guess, because I am not doing very much with my PI. Once it is set up and running, I am not trying a lot of new stuff, I believe. Smile

Btw, I have two similar SD cards. How can I make a copy now of the one working in the PI, so that I have a stable backup in case something goes wrong some day?
Btw, I installed 1.2 beta and was using it some days, but there are three points, which bother me:

1. It feels very sluggish and slow.
2. It has a problem with the YouTube addon, which makes it crashing.
3. After another update it went to hell and I could not boot into it again.

So, I am back to 1.05 Alpha and 1.0 Beta 1.1 (I have two SD cards) and I can tell you, the newer one (1.0 Beta 1.1) is a bit sluggish, too, and not so fast and responding as 1.05 Alpha.

I will just wait and hope, that in a public version the problems will be gone and the "seeking bug while both sound sources are ticked" will be fixed. Smile

Thank you for your help, guys.
(28th Sep, 2013 09:10 PM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]2. It has a problem with the YouTube addon, which makes it crashing.

I just done a basic test of V4.4.6 it seems to work.
Can you explain what you were doing or how to recreate the crash you describe.

However, I have noticed that sometimes when you exit out of youtube - and just "Doing Nothing", the CPU is stuck at 100%, which could explain the sluggishness.
(28th Sep, 2013 10:33 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Sep, 2013 09:10 PM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]2. It has a problem with the YouTube addon, which makes it crashing.

I just done a basic test of V4.4.6 it seems to work.
Can you explain what you were doing or how to recreate the crash you describe.

However, I have noticed that sometimes when you exit out of youtube - and just "Doing Nothing", the CPU is stuck at 100%, which could explain the sluggishness.

Of course, I can. Well, I just installed the YouTube addon and that worked well. I mean the installation. Then I added my account data like usually and that was fine, tool.

But when starting/loading up the addon, so I could search for a YouTube video or check my favourites, it was hanging/freezing and it took ages to happen anything. The next thing was always a crash.

I had the beta 2 version prior to September, 22nd, if that helps you. Maybe it has been fixed in the meantime.

--

Btw, in 1.0 Beta 1.1 I am getting a lot of error boxes when choosing stuff in the menu (per SSH/Putty) and also on every start I get an error box saying services.py or so is not loaded or something like that. Weird thing.
(28th Sep, 2013 09:10 PM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]3. After another update it went to hell and I could not boot into it again.

this I have to confirm. definitely I must have done something very very wrong a week ago - did some (at least I was thinking) insignificant changes in the code of xbian-update installation - posted to repo and went for business trip. returned after one week and both my RPI frozen (I have autoupdates turned on).

since Friday I'm not able to pinpoint the exact cause - I even tried to revert to versions 2w ago but still struggling. xbian-update starts installing - sooner or later hard freeze. data & system is intact, but cmdline.txt is missing, chance of initramfs.gz being not correctly saved.

solution is easy when told, beta2 can boot without initramfs.gz so can be deleted from /boot/config.txt (or backup from initramfs.gz.old can be copied over) and for cmdline.txt there is template /boot/cmdline.default which for 99% is ok, so just rename to /boot/cmdline.txt but this doesn't helps much if on next installation of xbian-update the same happens again.

to me it looks like init collapse during massive services .conf files update (it watches for .conf file changes and is reloading configurations & whole events tree constantly), but is only assumption.

i slowed it down and changed from mass update to one-by-one service update, then with a script let both RPIs update kernel pkg, update pkg, initramfs pkg, xbmc pkg in loop over and over again like - update - reboot - start - update again and this for 8h and finally didn't repeat this crash, but still I'm not fully convinced.

others have to report whether it is fine now.

but back to your topic, 446 is ugly youtube add-on version and while combined with using login/pass nobody reported much success. it's install is probably triggered with never xbmc version (contained on Beta1/2), otherwise it would be installed on Alpha5 as well.
(29th Sep, 2013 02:23 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]this I have to confirm. definitely I must have done something very very wrong a week ago - did some (at least I was thinking) insignificant changes in the code of xbian-update installation - posted to repo and went for business trip. returned after one week and both my RPI frozen (I have autoupdates turned on).

since Friday I'm not able to pinpoint the exact cause - I even tried to revert to versions 2w ago but still struggling. xbian-update starts installing - sooner or later hard freeze. data & system is intact, but cmdline.txt is missing, chance of initramfs.gz being not correctly saved.

solution is easy when told, beta2 can boot without initramfs.gz so can be deleted from /boot/config.txt (or backup from initramfs.gz.old can be copied over) and for cmdline.txt there is template /boot/cmdline.default which for 99% is ok, so just rename to /boot/cmdline.txt but this doesn't helps much if on next installation of xbian-update the same happens again.

to me it looks like init collapse during massive services .conf files update (it watches for .conf file changes and is reloading configurations & whole events tree constantly), but is only assumption.

i slowed it down and changed from mass update to one-by-one service update, then with a script let both RPIs update kernel pkg, update pkg, initramfs pkg, xbmc pkg in loop over and over again like - update - reboot - start - update again and this for 8h and finally didn't repeat this crash, but still I'm not fully convinced.

others have to report whether it is fine now.

but back to your topic, 446 is ugly youtube add-on version and while combined with using login/pass nobody reported much success. it's install is probably triggered with never xbmc version (contained on Beta1/2), otherwise it would be installed on Alpha5 as well.

Thank your very much for your confirmation. At first, I thought I did something wrong. Big Grin

Alright, as soon as there is another stable beta (or even release), I will give it another try on one of my SD cards - I guess, 1.0 beta 1.1 will be gone, because it is not so fluid, anyway.
@syco I must admit, I did my testing on youtube without a username and password - maybe "that" is the problem.
(30th Sep, 2013 04:30 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@syco I must admit, I did my testing on youtube without a username and password - maybe "that" is the problem.

No problem at all. Smile

It might be, that the authing does the problem, but I do not know, of course. On the other hand, what is the point of using YouTube on the TV, when you cannot choose your favourites and own channel? Maybe they will fix it soon.
@syco

"they fix it" - yes and no. what looks as totally useless version 4.4.6 (due to high cpu loads causing lags timeouts etc) is on the developer's 8 core i7 with windows just background noise on the cpu Wink

@syco downgrade:

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/add-ons/
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's