Forum

Full Version: Set preferred video modes and upscale content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm running Xbian Alpha 3 on my Raspbery Pi B model (512MB).

My FullHD TV also supports 720p modes, but it's video processor is not so good at up-scaling, so I would like my Raspberry Pi to up-scale everything to 1080p and set appropriate TV mode that matches video frame rate.

These are the modes I would like to use for output depending on video frame rate:
- mode 16: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, progressive
- mode 31: 1920x1080 @ 50Hz, progressive
- mode 32: 1920x1080 @ 24Hz, progressive
- mode 33: 1920x1080 @ 25Hz, progressive
- mode 34: 1920x1080 @ 30Hz, progressive

Is there a way to configure XBMC that way and if so how do I do it.

---------------

I managed to solve this problem by dumping EDID data ('./tvservice -d edid.dat') and later editing it so that only 1080p and 1080i modes with various frame rates seem to be supported by the display.

Added 'hdmi_edid_file=1' to my config.txt so that modified EDID data is loaded on boot.

So now I can play DVD-Video remuxed file and get 1080p (upscaled SD content) output from my Raspberry Pi. Smile

I used this tool: Advanced EDID Editor software
Available here: http://www.lightware.eu/index.php/support/downloads
TIP: If you want XBMC to use the 1080p GUI (instead of the 720P one by default) add "<guires>1080</guires>" (without the ") to your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml file. (however this is not the answer for your question).

You can set these settings in XBMC under System -> Settings -> System -> Video output.
I'm already running GUI in 1080p@60fps mode.

I've tried to set video settings in System -> Settings -> System -> Video output menu, but that does not seem to do exactly what I want.

Some older videos are still played in 720p mode, but I would like to upscale them to 1080p and then send to TV.

Can't find a way to automatically set output to only one of previously mentioned video modes (all 1080p) depending on content being played.

This is a part from my advancedsettings.xml file:

<video>
<vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling>
<enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
<autoscalemaxfps>60</autoscalemaxfps>
<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fps>23.976</fps>
<refresh>24.0</refresh>
</override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>

Is it correct?
If so, how to avoid 720p modes and output everything in 1080p but with appropriate frame rate that matches the source?
im not sure if the RPi can upscale the video files,dunno
on my system upscale is always done by AV Receiver or TV depend on settings of those two devices
(29th Dec, 2012 07:02 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]im not sure if the RPi can upscale the video files,dunno
on my system upscale is always done by AV Receiver or TV depend on settings of those two devices

I managed to solve this problem by dumping EDID data ('./tvservice -d edid.dat') and later editing it so that only 1080p and 1080i modes with various frame rates seem to be supported by the display.

Added 'hdmi_edid_file=1' to my config.txt so that modified EDID data is loaded on boot.

So now I can play DVD-Video remuxed file and get 1080p (upscaled SD content) output from my Raspberry Pi. Smile

I used this tool: Advanced EDID Editor software
Available here: http://www.lightware.eu/index.php/support/downloads
thanks for sharing with us as some one else may find it useful Wink
-thx-
Reference URL's