Forum

Full Version: No dynamic range compression option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: 1.0Beta1.1
XBMC version: 12.2
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Power supply rating: 1200 mA
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B/512mb
SD card size and make/type: Kingston 8Gb Class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): USB keyboard

Logile
Link to logfile(s): http://sprunge.us/KRGT

Problem description:
I cannot find the Dynamic Range Compression setting. I would very much like to enable it because our walls are thin and our sound system is powerful. I saw on XBMC's wiki that it is supposed to be with the sound settings but the option is simply not there.
How can I add it?
Thanks!

How to reproduce:
N/A
You need to be playing a video, bring up the video OSD select the speaker icon and volume adjustment is there.

Can you change the status from "Problem" as it is not a problem.
That's where I go and I just don't have the option.
This is what is on the screen (sorry for the quality, this is a 25 years old TV) :
Hmmm - well it looks the Wiki has been updated to include the latest release of XBMC. The option is there in Beta 1.2 but obviously not in Beta 1.1.
(27th Sep, 2013 02:19 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm - well it looks the Wiki has been updated to include the latest release of XBMC. The option is there in Beta 1.2 but obviously not in Beta 1.1.

it was always there and if is not than this is more likely related to the actual Audio out settings I would say

edit: and anyway to adjust the dinamic range -it would be best to do so on your AVR not on the RPi in XBMC
I've just tried it on my TV where the option is available on Beta 1.2 with a Beta 1.1 image and the option is not there.

So your only option is to wait until Beta 1.2 is released or upgrade early Beta 1.2 if you are feeling brave.
Reference URL's