Forum

Full Version: How to record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I tend to use Xbian a lot with the TV plugins, and would like to know what is best practise for recording programmes - because they eventually scroll off the TV companies servers.

What devices are recommended, and what is the recommended way of connecting a recorder to an Xbian system, and, finally - is there a way of invoking record from the Xbian ?

Thanks
Hi martinthehugh

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve however recent versions of XBMC and XBian have started including a PVR component. I am not sure if this would help you record anything other than over-the-air or cable content, however it might be worth some investigation.

I suspect that what you are trying to do is record streaming video that you have accessed via an XBMC add-on. Can you give an example?

One feature of the Raspberry Pi hardware that is thus far not really used yet is hardware-supported h264 encoding of video. I suspect when the Raspberry Pi camera module is released, software using that feature will become more common. This could be quite handy for recording streaming media also so I guess there is something to look forward to there, if nothing else, just yet.
Reference URL's