Forum

Full Version: Is there any skin with very simple UI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My CEC remote doesnt have support for Back (return) key. So, is there any skin that I can use without Back button?

Buttons that I can use: play/pause/stop/prev/next/up/down/left/right/ok
so you don't have more buttons on your remote? or the rest is just doesn't work? and what remote, from which TV-exact model? There might be an option how to map those extra buttons if they are detected
I think my TV just doesnt send them to CEC-device.
lg-22LU4000
lg-32LH2000
I think it must be something else -as my LG32(something) works perfectly. I also think the remote is IR not CEC (Can be tested by stopping lirc)
(7th Oct, 2013 01:15 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]I think my TV just doesnt send them to CEC-device.
lg-22LU4000
lg-32LH2000

hmm, I know with the LG especially the support always was and still is not the best in a matter of CEC. Not sure what LG doing a bad...

Regarding the skin, to be honest I havent seen or have no knowledge of any which would work without back function as you always have a submenus in all.
Maybe someone would shout something, so all I can say is that you need to be patient and keep looking or make the CEC working or use any other other way of operating the XBMC, like IR remote or phone/tablet remote apps or webserver remote.
for a better help in a matter of LG CEC support, head over to http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/
As this threads title is about Simple UI and NOT mapping (New thread has been created for that)

Quartz is as simple as you can get but IMHO is a bit CPU intensive compared to Confluence.
Well, i'm working on a new skin for touchscreens.
(7th Oct, 2013 07:55 PM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i'm working on a new skin for touchscreens.

you still need the "back" key to get in and out of menus/sub-menus Wink (I mean when you use it with remote and not touch input)
This is my LG Remote and the back key works fine in Confluence.
(7th Oct, 2013 08:13 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Oct, 2013 07:55 PM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i'm working on a new skin for touchscreens.

you still need the "back" key to get in and out of menus/sub-menus Wink (I mean when you use it with remote and not touch input)
Nope, the skin contains a back button and a home button, if you are navigating.
Will post a topic tomorrow Smile
I love Quartz, but I just read something about
too much CPU usage. Is that still correct?

Are there other similar minimalistic style skins like
Quartz with less CPU usage?
Try ReFocus Light (Google it), it is designed to be as simple and light for the RPi as possible. Good alternative is Amber, it is faster than Confluence for me.
(10th Oct, 2014 12:38 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]I love Quartz, but I just read something about
too much CPU usage. Is that still correct?

Are there other similar minimalistic style skins like
Quartz with less CPU usage?

@syco

on the contrary. Quartz was trying to re-use Macs Front row / original AppleTV skin and was doing it very good. As I was starting with AppleTV I used then later on RPI Quartz too. I don't remember skin be less cpu time costly from that time.

---
was curious and tested now on just default xbmc setup, no hacks in advancedsettings etc. rpi oc at 900. skins with default settings (just rss feeds stopped).
confluence 30%.
quartz and also amber 50%.

looking at it practically - if you use RPI and GUI is fluid, what difference it makes if you read 50 or 30. none. and when XBMC goes idle and TV goes off or RPI inactivated as source, XBian turns renderer OFF and XBMC takes 5-10% (skin not relevant there).
so simply use what you prefer.
Great, thanks for this nice answer. Smile

I like the Quartz thing a lot, I must say. I
am always into minimalistic designs. <3

Btw, is it possible to raise CPU to 1000?
I am running it with 900 as you do and
tried 1000 twice, but it would not boot up.

So, is 900 or 950 the maximum or is there
another way to get that?

Although, everything seems fluid with RC 2
and 900, I must admit. Very nice indeed.
Did you use xbian-config or overclock manually?

What is your power supply rating? Are you running anything off USB?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's