Forum

Full Version: Can´t get thermal readings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My xbian has been running for a few months without problems (except CEC init but that i already open a thread).

Now without touching anything in the config, the thermal readings on the information menu give me a "????" info :/.

The only thing i've installed was addons from the repos. And as far as i know none of them mess with the OS.

Any suggestions?

thks to all Smile
Do you mean System -> System information ->Hardware -> CPU temperature?

If not, then you will need to elaborate as to what you mean.

If it is, then it's due to an upgrade you have done or changed the paths to the /opt files.

Try /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp and see if you get a sensible reading.
as IriDium sas try vcgencmd. XBMC should use this command specifically:
Code:
echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"

copy paste to ssh and run. if it returns value, check /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml for line:
Code:
<gputempcommand>echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"</gputempcommand>
  <cputempcommand>echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"</cputempcommand>

and last question, by any chance haven't you created new XBMC profile with clean start?
(17th Oct, 2013 07:20 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]as IriDium sas try vcgencmd. XBMC should use this command specifically:
Code:
echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"

copy paste to ssh and run. if it returns value, check /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml for line:
Code:
<gputempcommand>echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"</gputempcommand>
  <cputempcommand>echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"</cputempcommand>

and last question, by any chance haven't you created new XBMC profile with clean start?

Ok, yes its in the XBMC Gui " System -> System information ->Hardware -> CPU temperature"

Heres my ssh paste of the command:

root@xbian2:/home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata# echo "$(/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_te p | grep -o "[0-9]\{2\}") C"
44 C

And here is the paste of my advancedsettings.xml file:

"
<!-- zerocache -->
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>
"

I dont have that lines in there...
can i put them anywhere between <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> ??

thks mates

EDIT:
i figured out Tongue heres my new file output:
"
<!-- zerocache -->
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>
"

It works now Big Grin

Thks for the help Wink
You should mark this thread as fixed Tongue
(11th Dec, 2013 04:51 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]You should mark this thread as fixed Tongue

its your thread m8, you have opened it Wink
So change the prefix by full edit of your 1st post Wink
-thx-
(11th Dec, 2013 05:21 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Dec, 2013 04:51 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]You should mark this thread as fixed Tongue

its your thread m8, you have opened it Wink
So change the prefix by full edit of your 1st post Wink
-thx-

Done Wink
Reference URL's