Forum

Full Version: Error everytime i try to upgrade Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Running Beta 1.1
on terminal i get this error everytime i try to upgrade Python Sad

"
root@xbian2:/# sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
python python-minimal tzdata
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
5 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/748 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,024 B disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up initscripts (2.88dsf-41+deb7u1) ...
insserv: Service checkfs has to be enabled to start service mountall
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing initscripts (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
initscripts
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
"

Any ideas guys?

Thks to all Smile
(17th Oct, 2013 11:00 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1031-post-16448.html#pid16448

Ok your solution worked but (skip to the end)...
"Code:
sudo -i
cp -av /etc/init.d /etc/init.d.bck
rm /etc/init.d/mountall*
insserv -f
dpkg --configure initscripts
"
My CLI output:
"
root@xbian2:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
python python-minimal tzdata
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/748 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,024 B disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 30239 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace tzdata 2013c-0wheezy1 (using .../tzdata_2013d-0wheezy1_all. deb) ...
Unpacking replacement tzdata ...
Setting up tzdata (2013d-0wheezy1) ...

Current default time zone: 'Etc/UTC'
Local time is now: Thu Oct 17 15:13:29 UTC 2013.
Universal Time is now: Thu Oct 17 15:13:29 UTC 2013.
Run 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' if you wish to change it.

(Reading database ... 30239 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace python-minimal 2.7.3-4 (using .../python-minimal_2.7.3-4+deb7u1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement python-minimal ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up python-minimal (2.7.3-4+deb7u1) ...
(Reading database ... 30241 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace python 2.7.3-4 (using .../python_2.7.3-4+deb7u1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement python ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up python (2.7.3-4+deb7u1) ...
Setting up libcups2:armhf (1.5.3-5+deb7u1) ...
Setting up libsmbclient:armhf (2:3.6.6-6+deb7u1) ...
Setting up samba (2:3.6.6-6+deb7u1) ...
[ ok ] Starting Samba daemons: nmbd smbd.
Setting up smbclient (2:3.6.6-6+deb7u1) ...
root@xbian2:~#
"
Now SSH service does not autostart and when i try to reboot or shutdown it remains "stuck" on "closing xbmc"....

i've tried to change the setting via xbmc gui but this new problem persists...
Help please Sad

Thks mk01
I was just putting the info in some other thread anyhow the stuck problem on reboot (shutdown) I remember as dbus script again present in /etc/rc{6,0}.d/ although Beta1.1 (not Beta1) has upstart script for it. I have just Beta1 by hand so can't be sure, but if you have /etc/init/dbus.conf present, do a
Code:
sudo -i
insserv -fr dbus
rm -f /etc/init.d/dbus

for ssh there wasn't upstart script present at that time so I would try (after solving the dbus)
Code:
sudo -i
insserv -f ssh

let's see what you get (error).
(18th Oct, 2013 02:07 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]I was just putting the info in some other thread anyhow the stuck problem on reboot (shutdown) I remember as dbus script again present in /etc/rc{6,0}.d/ although Beta1.1 (not Beta1) has upstart script for it. I have just Beta1 by hand so can't be sure, but if you have /etc/init/dbus.conf present, do a
Code:
sudo -i
insserv -fr dbus
rm -f /etc/init.d/dbus

for ssh there wasn't upstart script present at that time so I would try (after solving the dbus)
Code:
sudo -i
insserv -f ssh

let's see what you get (error).

Ok thks MK, but i'm now trying to "update" to the so call beta .2... is this a good a idea or should i stick with the current 1.1 ? Any advice would be very much appreciated since the official thread is confusing :/
yes, update.

1) it is not worse
2) as Beta1X is no more updated (I can't say supported as Beta2 is not out, but actually it is the same) you don't have guarantee (like with the latest update from Wheezy 7.2) something don't break off.

so in human language - you shouldn't loose anything what makes you happy - and can sleep well without worries that your precious XBian will break and nobody will be there to fix it

and believe me, sometimes it is confusing for me as well. but this sometimes happens during new sw testing because it is changing so much so nobody really know whether something is bug or feature and specially I like most one those with "all bad, help me all bad"… 1h hour later "sorry guys, this was my Windows8 SD card not running on RPI - my wife switched the cards" Smile

but those are more funny like the real bugs Wink
(18th Oct, 2013 09:24 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, update.

1) it is not worse
2) as Beta1X is no more updated (I can't say supported as Beta2 is not out, but actually it is the same) you don't have guarantee (like with the latest update from Wheezy 7.2) something don't break off.

so in human language - you shouldn't loose anything what makes you happy - and can sleep well without worries that your precious XBian will break and nobody will be there to fix it

and believe me, sometimes it is confusing for me as well. but this sometimes happens during new sw testing because it is changing so much so nobody really know whether something is bug or feature and specially I like most one those with "all bad, help me all bad"… 1h hour later "sorry guys, this was my Windows8 SD card not running on RPI - my wife switched the cards" Smile

but those are more funny like the real bugs Wink

thks for the info mate Smile. After some troubles in the upgrade i've reflashed a new image and now is all good.
iv'e got the latest beta 1.1 img on the site but after booting i've noticed some differences especially on the xbian config part... i've should add "updated" sooner lol
But i was able to copy all my relevant settings from the old install to the new (got some probs that needed chmod to mode 777 on the .xbian and inner folders) and now it appears to be faster than before.

Also got OC to High (go see my setup pics on the forum lol... dual fans and thermal dissipation on the SoC... temp never rises above 45º C according to the internal probes).

Once again thanks for all the help. I'm really learning a lot just by "playing" with Xbian. Big Grin
Hallo guys!

I had the same issue and tried the hint from your first reply mk01...

But now I also can't connect to SSH and the system hangs during shutting down.

I want to fix it now with your other tips, but how should I do that?? Where can I enter these commands? I can only navigate through XBMC. As soon as I exit XMBC it gets stuck on the shutting down screen Undecided

I managed it to delete "splash" from cmdline.txt and now I can exit XBMC and I can enter code with my keyboard. But nothing happens when I do that Sad

Can you please help me?!
I just set up the system perfectly and don't want to wipe it Undecided

EDIT: I also cannot access my NAS Drive through MSB anymore -.-
@alfaromeo

if we are still talking about beta1X installation, then install beta1 hotfix 1.2.

when you exit XBMC and logs into the console as xbian, run those commands:
Code:
sudo -i
cd /tmp
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/beta1/main/x/xbian-update/xbian-update_1.0-1.2_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xbian-update_1.0-1.2_armhf.deb
sync

then reboot
Forget it, I will wipe and install Beta 2 right away...
Thank you anyway!!
Reference URL's