Forum

Full Version: USB and streaming strange issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Not sure I posted in the right section but anyway.
I have a really strange issue.
I stream my videos from my NAS over wifi with a cheap usb dongle.
It works great ONLY when the second port on my RPi is connected to something like a keyboard, otherwise I can't open the file and I get an error from XBMC (basically it tells me to go in the log file where I found that the movie couldn't be open...)

Do you have any idea what is the problem?

Thank you
Sytten
(19th Oct, 2013 05:07 AM)Sytten Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Not sure I posted in the right section but anyway.
I have a really strange issue.
I stream my videos from my NAS over wifi with a cheap usb dongle.
It works great ONLY when the second port on my RPi is connected to something like a keyboard, otherwise I can't open the file and I get an error from XBMC (basically it tells me to go in the log file where I found that the movie couldn't be open...)

Do you have any idea what is the problem?

Thank you
Sytten
First thought is a power issue. Try using a powered Hub for the dongle as some dongles use more than 100ma which is all the RPi can give through it's USB ports.

Also run "dmesg" and see if there are device errors.

If a powered USB Hub doesn't help - send the output of dmesg and xbmc.log as requested in "Please read first before you post" a link is in my signature.
Well I don't think its a power issue because it works really great when the port are connected to something. I'll try tomorrow to get a log file when one of the port isn't connected to anything we'll see. I did a fresh install so maybe the problem isn't there anymore...

Thank you
Sytten
Reference URL's