Forum

Full Version: New Install of Xbian not asking for source type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Last night I installed Xbian Beta 1.1 on my new Pi and spent the whole evening trying to add a video source.

Having watched a YouTube video and reading discussions it would appear that after adding a UPNP share I should get a screen that asks what type of folder it is, but I do not get this screen. It simply adds the folder and the only way I can see my movies is with the file list. When I get back and right click the source I do not have the add to library option and when I edit it there is still no option to set type.

I spent the entire evening trying to get this to work and did several fresh installs to no avail. What do I need to set up to get this extra screen?

Cheers

Baz
[Resolved] found that using UPNP was the issue, now using Samba shares
(25th Oct, 2013 02:40 PM)Baz8755 Wrote: [ -> ][Resolved] found that using UPNP was the issue, now using Samba shares
yes UPNP is still in "testing" stage so SMB or even NFS are much better and recommended to use
also if you happy with this, can you change the prefix of your first post here to SOLVED by full edit option
-thx-
Reference URL's