Forum

Full Version: Having Trouble with Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm having some trouble trying to set up my home network, just a heads up I'm extremely new at this and I've tried looking around for the answers but nothing I tried has worked. I'm basically trying to set up my rbp following this guide here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47084 and I'm trying to test my flexget I get this error

Terminal

xbian@xbian ~ $ flexget -c /media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/config.yml --test
2013-10-26 19:25 CRITICAL main [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/.config-lock'
2013-10-26 19:25 CRITICAL main [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/.config-lock'

and when I try to change permissions

Terminal
chmod -R 777 /media/myCloud/Downloads
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/incomplete': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/libraryupdater.sh': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/test-config.sqlite': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/config.yml': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/media/myCloud/Downloads/torrents': Operation not permitted
Try running the command as root!
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo flexget -c /media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/config.yml --test
(28th Oct, 2013 02:06 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Try running the command as root!
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo flexget -c /media/myCloud/Downloads/flexget/config.yml --test

No luck :/ I've tried to reset up the whole process several times but even during the initial steps I'm denied access when trying to move and link the folders on the SD card to folders on my NAS hard drive

Terminal
root@xbian:~# mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/myCloud/
mv: cannot overwrite directory `/media/myCloud/downloads' with non-directory

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ ln -s /media/myCloud/Downloads /home/xbian/downloads
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/home/xbian/downloads/Downloads': File exists
you download dir already exist on your usb hdd,
and it can't move.

try do delete it (all content will be deleted)
rm -r /media/myCloud/downloads

and retry to mv and sym link again.

or if you have nothing in /home/xbian/downloads

rm -r /home/xbian/downloads
and
ln -s /media/myCloud/Downloads /home/xbian/downloads
Reference URL's