Forum

Full Version: Playing next video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When watching a TV series I generally watch a few episodes in a row.

However when watching with Xbian it will only play the selected show and stop. I have the play next file option turned on but it doesn't seem to work.

I use the official android xbmc app and have tried using the playlist function, I can get episodes to show in a playlist but pressing forward and backward just makes Xbian show a message that there are no other files in playlist.

Can anyone shed some light into how to get this to work.
do you have all episodes (media files) in one folder or each episode is in subfolder?
Also sometime when you have downloaded stuff it can be in folder as archive (like lots of RAR files) and not a single media file like *.avi, *.mkv, etc..
(27th Oct, 2013 06:41 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]do you have all episodes (media files) in one folder or each episode is in subfolder?
Also sometime when you have downloaded stuff it can be in folder as archive (like lots of RAR files) and not a single media file like *.avi, *.mkv, etc..

No, I have folders per season of a show with all the avi's for that season in each folder
Have you tried Basic playlist or Smart playlist ?
also you can try disable the "play next video automatically" and than when you are in a list of your TV episodes just go over the one you want to start watching from and instead of just click on it just evoke a contextual menu and select "Play from here"
See if this work for you

edit: You can also play all items in a folder by selecting the folder and selecting "Play" from the contextual menu
(27th Oct, 2013 07:06 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Basic playlist or Smart playlist ?

I have tried adding a playing that will just play all TV episodes starting TV/Series and I have also just tried playing an episode from the show list. Both of them come up with cannot find next episode and dump me back out to the list from which I can select the next episode and play it with no problems

(27th Oct, 2013 08:01 PM)Baz8755 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27th Oct, 2013 07:06 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Basic playlist or Smart playlist ?

I have tried adding a playing that will just play all TV episodes starting TV/Series and I have also just tried playing an episode from the show list. Both of them come up with cannot find next episode and dump me back out to the list from which I can select the next episode and play it with no problems

I have just had a look at the debug log and it only lists the first show it plays, it would appear that it the time I hit the jump forward button function 'Getsortedfieldlist' is stating unknown field 23. Sounds like either the database or the query are not right
On Beta 1.1 I had play next video set and it worked perfectly. Try refreshing your library and see if that helps.

Are you playing via TV Shows or just Files?

Files works fine.
I have just tried a clean install and only installed my TV series folder. Problem does not exist when using files
(28th Oct, 2013 03:59 AM)Baz8755 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just tried a clean install and only installed my TV series folder. Problem does not exist when using files

hope I can help better but unfortunately I do not have an access to my RPi so I cant try and test myself and see if possible to replicate your issue. Lets wait for somebody else to try
Reference URL's