Forum

Full Version: Library update via telnet & profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have searched through the forum but was unable to find an answer to my problem:

I am running XBMC with XBIAN on my Raspberry and it's working perfectly. I have three
profiles setup - one for each family member. I also installed an add-on which logs out
of XBMC after x minutes of inactivity - basically to stop my 8 year old watching "Dawn of the Dead" Smile

Would it be possible to refresh the library via telnet for a specific profile and also keeping in mind I am logged out of the actual XBMC session on the PI? I haven't seen this anywhere...

Thanks for your help,
Manuel
no. xbmc profile design means separation on highest level possible (before even skin starts to load). there no python subsystem initialized, no API provider started.
Thanks for your fast reply - I have played around with SQL before but found it a right pain to manage and it doesn't work well with profiles. I take it this rules out VNC as well...
No. VNC (XBian package) is not this way related to XBMC. There is no direct relation.

(open XBMC, VNC, remote console and stop XBMC - you get FB shell via VNC Smile )
Reference URL's