Forum

Full Version: USB Drive shown twice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right section of the board. So Mods, please move it, if necessary.

The issue is not related to the last update, but two the alpha->beta update as far as I remember. Anyway, at a certain point my usb hard drive which is connected via an external powered hub started to show up twice in the /media section. Its showing TOSHIBA-xxx-yyy and TOSHIBA-xxx-yyy1. Its not really a problem, but I would like to learn what the cause is.

I think I probably should add the drive to fstab, but I am afraid of messing things up since in general I dont want to touch the out-of-the-box xbian installation.

thanks and best regards.
I guess you are on beta 1.1. I would seriously recommend upgrading to Beta 2 and your problem "should go away".

If you don't fancy upgrading just yet, try the dbus fix located DBUS error

Alternatively can you send the output of dmesg. Tnx
(13th Nov, 2013 01:39 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you are on beta 1.1. I would seriously recommend upgrading to Beta 2 and your problem "should go away".

If you don't fancy upgrading just yet, try the dbus fix located DBUS error

Alternatively can you send the output of dmesg. Tnx

That was a fast reply- thank you. Anyway I am now trying to upgrade... (see respective thread...)
Reference URL's