Forum

Full Version: Permissions EXT4 drive, XBMC cannot access folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new harddisk, formatted as EXT4. I transferred all my media from an NTFS drive to the EXT4 drive using Ubuntu from an USB stick on my Macbook.

I used rsync command from a Terminal logged in as root on Ubuntu, copying 2 folders: Movies and TV Shows. All other folders (Pictures, Music) were already present on the harddisk.

The problem: in XBMC, I cannot open the two folders Movies and TV Shows. I tried various chmod commands:

sudo chown -R xbian:xbian /media/usb0
sudo find /media/usb0 -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +
sudo find /media/usb0 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} +

No errors but nothing changed. I want to be able to read and also delete files from within XBMC.. just like I used to on my old ext4 drive.. I Googled other commands but I don't understand why nothing changes?
post actual mount options (currently effective as displayed by 'mount').
Are you on Beta 1.1? Is dbus running?

Can you actually navigate to the folders?

I have a feeling the USB drive is not actually mounted.

As a precursor, can you post the output of dmesg.
Sorry I should have supplied more details:
RPi 512MB, Beta 2. I can access the other folders. Just not the two I copied via Ubuntu as root. I cannot navigate them.

mount:
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ mount
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type btrfs (rw,relatime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=127000k,nr_inodes=31750,mode=755)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,mode=600)
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,size=25416k)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,​errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /home type btrfs (rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /lib/modules type btrfs (rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /xbmc-backup type btrfs (rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
/dev/sda1 on /media/RUDRIVE type ext4 (rw,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,sync,data=ordered)

RUDRIVE is my USB drive.
@zilexa

can you provide ssh access for few minutes via port forward or something?

I'm sure we are missing there some stupid fact … Ubuntu mounted the ext disk with NO ACL or no owners and the freshly created folders will be a bit different then but I have already total mixup with Macosx uids and security flags and linux …

if I could touch it for a minute.
Check PM. Thanks for the effort!
Reference URL's