Forum

Full Version: Android YouTube app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using the YouTube app I can directly control various devices (PS3,TV,TiVo) and notice that the Xbian is showing as a device with a 4 digit number as it's name. But when I send to it nothing happens. I know I can use the share function and send via Yatse but it is not as seem less or controllable through the YouTube app.

So is there any plugin or setup I can do to get Xbian to correctly respond to the YouTube app?

Cheers

Baz
What YouTube app? iOS, Android?
(16th Nov, 2013 07:44 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]What YouTube app? iOS, Android?

Android, it's in the title Wink
(16th Nov, 2013 07:46 PM)Baz8755 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Nov, 2013 07:44 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]What YouTube app? iOS, Android?

Android, it's in the title Wink

not sure what you are about, as I have few Android devices and I'm not aware of such ability of YouTube application. So how does this work? where do you find this options? as I look through and can't see any.
Are you sure that this is not an kind of remote app like YouTube Remote?
It's been in the official YouTube app for a year or so. You simply go to your device (TV,PS3,etc) and in the YouTube app you have an option to pair. You simply follow the instructions which involves typing the code given into your YouTube app.

Once you have done this you will see an icon at the top of the app that looks a TV screen with wi-signal indicator in the bottom corner. Clicking this will allow you to select playback to any YouTube paired device.

http://youtube.com/yt/sendtotv/

This is what I am trying to get working on Xbmc
I do not have such option on my Android phones, and I use only XBMC YouTube for years. I dont see how would you add it to as a screen as there is no such option in the Youtube add-on. So I think that this is made just for devices like this "smart TVs etc" but I might be wrong.
As far as I know the YouTube share was always done with an external app like Official XBMC Remote app or Yatse on android
(16th Nov, 2013 09:43 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not have such option on my Android phones, and I use only XBMC YouTube for years. I dont see how would you add it to as a screen as there is no such option in the Youtube add-on. So I think that this is made just for devices like this "smart TVs etc" but I might be wrong.
As far as I know the YouTube share was always done with an external app like Official XBMC Remote app or Yatse on android

As you can see from the 1st screenshot there is an icon to click to set the playback device.
[attachment=250]
The second screenshot shows the menu, which contains an extra device that is only visible when Xbian is running and therefore must be Xbian being discovered by the Youtube app. However playback does not send to Pi and the app reports that the device is in use.
[attachment=247]
The only other possibility is that Yatse is somehow involved but I very much doubt it.
I see, But I dont have this option and I have never seen it. and as I said, in the XBMC YouTube add-on there is no such option to generate the code or what ever is needed for this
That still does not explain how the app is able to see Xbian in some way.
(17th Nov, 2013 05:02 AM)Baz8755 Wrote: [ -> ]That still does not explain how the app is able to see Xbian in some way.

so what make you think that the number belong to XBian? as what ever I trying to do that the screen share icon does not appear in Youtube app and I have the Yatse and XBMC Remote app installed and I was trying to all possible way I know and I have searched online.
so here are the instruction how to pair the device
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3230451?hl=en&ref_topic=3421347

Code:
Manual pairing

Step 1: Find the pairing code on your TV or game console

- Launch YouTube on your TV or game console.
- Navigate to Settings.
- [b]Scroll to the Pair device screen.[/b]
- Step 2: Enter the pairing code on your device
But as I said, this option is not available on XBMC YouTube add-on, so you have no option to use this feature.
It still doesn't explain how the app is showing this device only when the Pi is on. It must be something to do with the fact I have entered my YouTube account details into the xbmc plugin.
Im logged into Youtube too and I do not know the answer m8, you seems to be alone in this as so far no one respond.Try to ask in XBMC forum, thats all I can suggest
That icon is also for chromecast, are you running rPlay?
Nope not running rPlay
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's