Forum

Full Version: [Script] Play YouTube to XBMC from PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is an Tampermonkey script.
Google chrome users need to install tampermonkey
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo

If you use this script please, "thank me" (on the upper right corner of this post click 'Click to thank! ')

At the playlist

The floating pane to control xbmc

At the search page

// Changes 05-01-2013
// Send youtube playlist to xbmc
// Play playlist on xbmc
// Note: video's from playlists appear in random order

// Changes 04-01-2013
// Send video's to playlist
// Volume down/up
// Clear playlist Button

// Changes 03-01-2013 @ 20.00
// Added multiple XBMC support
// Play video's straight from the results page

// Changes 03-01-2013 @ 15.00:
// Added Jquery
// Added Frodo compatibility

Script can be found at
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/155569

If you use this script please, "thank me" (on the upper right corner of this post click 'Click to thank! ')
Does it work in with new Youtube? I checked with Opera and FF and it asks me the XBMC IP and port and then nothing happens.
isn't this for Chrome Browser only ?
I tried from Chrome and works perfect Wink
(5th Jan, 2013 01:06 AM)p4trykx Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work in with new Youtube? I checked with Opera and FF and it asks me the XBMC IP and port and then nothing happens.

I didn't this script, so I don't have any practival knowledge.
But I think you have to allow in the XBMC settings the access of 3d party apps first and as the script seems to use the web interface you need to enabe the XBMC web interface too.

I personally just use the "Watch later" feature of YouTube and then watch the so created list in the XBMC addon.
Few versions later now:

(5th Jan, 2013 01:06 AM)p4trykx Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work in with new Youtube? I checked with Opera and FF and it asks me the XBMC IP and port and then nothing happens.

Yes Smile
little issue here
Yea, known issue that appears on non youtube site's.
you can remove @match * if you want.
Otherwise no fix for this, since there's nothing to fix..
Because the chat runs in a iframe (= webpage).
Next version includes a fix for this Smile
great Wink thanks for you effort
my missus is using it and she is pretty happy
-thx-
Awesome work!
Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for. Keep up the good work!

Does it work with XBMC webserver password? I had to delete mine to get it to work.
Xbmc with password is possible enter user:password@IP

// 16-01-2013
// Big Update:
// - Play 2shared, mediafire, speedyshare, 180upload, sharebees, movreel to xbmc
// - Better youtube integration
// - Better status message
// - Renamed script to Play2XBMC

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/155569

And if you guys use XBian, can you please thank me and Koenkk Wink
People using the website can thank me. Wait...i'll will add a script for all of you that does it automatically Wink

ps. Script seems not to work on Linux/Firefox. Filled in all the questions but no floating element appears.
(21st Jan, 2013 12:06 AM)BartOtten Wrote: [ -> ]People using the website can thank me. Wait...i'll will add a script for all of you that does it automatically Wink

ps. Script seems not to work on Linux/Firefox. Filled in all the questions but no floating element appears.

"Currently only working in chrome"
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's