Forum

Full Version: A couple of beginner questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I imaged the Xbian Alpha 4 onto my Pi today and it's largely working OK, just having a couple of issues (pre-warning - am a beginner with both XBMC and Pi!). I've had a search around and I can't find any solutions to these:

- not maintaining my sources. I've added a video source, an SMB shared folder on my PC. This works just fine in terms of finding the files within the source and playing back etc, except next time I start up Xbian it's gone and I have to add the source again. Am I doing something daft?

- crashes on exit. Choosing pretty much anything from the shutdown menu just causes it to freeze.

If it's relevant to my issues, I'm using the remote control app on my iPhone.

TIA,

SZ
(4th Jan, 2013 02:12 AM)sunkzero Wrote: [ -> ]- not maintaining my sources. I've added a video source, an SMB shared folder on my PC. This works just fine in terms of finding the files within the source and playing back etc, except next time I start up Xbian it's gone and I have to add the source again. Am I doing something daft?

It's an issue of the image. Please check the following thread and point #2
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-168-post-1575.html#pid1575
Reference URL's