Forum

Full Version: Xbian (beta 2) SD Card Full issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Xbian (new beta 2 version) was constantly freezing on my 4 gig sd card. I decided to install the image on an 8 gig SD card.

However I had my this entire setup (http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=47084) with flexget and trakt.tv set up so I didn't want to repeat the whole process so I copied the image of the 4gig installer using Win32 disk imager and transferred it to the 8 gig card.

The pi stopped freezing and has been running for a few days but transmission isn't running because of a space issue.
In Transmission I get this issue
Error: Unable to save resume file: No space left on device

I ran df -h and got this:
Terminal

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 3.5G 3.4G 0 100% /
/dev/mmcblk0p2 3.5G 3.4G 0 100% /
devtmpfs 125M 4.0K 125M 1% /dev
none 25M 452K 25M 2% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1 34M 14M 21M 40% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p2 3.5G 3.4G 0 100% /home
/dev/mmcblk0p2 3.5G 3.4G 0 100% /lib/modules
overflow 1.0M 8.0K 1016K 1% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p2 3.5G 3.4G 0 100% /xbmc-backup
/dev/sda1 1.4T 94G 1.2T 8% /media/media

My transmission stopped working because of space issues now, although I still have 1.2 T of space left on the HD.

I also get this error when logging in through SSL:
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo su
[sudo] password for xbian:
sudo: unable to write to /var/lib/sudo/xbian/2: No space left on device
If anyone can help figure out what is happening, that would be greatly appreciated.
run xbian-config & expand the sd card. Config > Settings > System #7 Resize SD - "Expand root parition to fill SD card"
I tried this but it said that this function is disabled. It is supposed to resize automatically on boot but that doesn't seem to happen for me.
I would have a look to see what is using up all the space - 3.7G seems rather a lot. Xbian is only 1G - so 3G is being used somewhere.

Run something like sudo du -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10 to find the 10 largest files. Maybe some movies or temp files are clogging up the FS.
I will have to run this when I get home. Thanks
The card is still an 8 gig card, so something seems off, I have a feeling it is because I copied a 4 gig file system to an 8 gig. I think I'll have to just reformat and reinstall flexget and transmission.
If you look at you root partition it is 3.5G 100% utilisation. So something has filled up the card to the 4G partition size.

4G is just unpartitioned i.e not used so can't be seen by the software.

I have a feeling that the resizeFS part of init requires a bit of freespace to work with, so freeing up some space should have everything running as normal.
I ended up doing a fresh new install on the 8 gig, I backed up my transmission.json and flexget scripts so it only took about 20 minutes to set it all up. Installing flexget took the longest time.
So what is the size of your root files system now?

df -h
Please notice that df and btrfs are a bad combination. Use btrfs fi df / instead.
I did a clean install and now have the same problem, must be some issue with flex get or transmission although they are all pointing to the external hard drive.

I have a feeling that something is using a lot of space - probably temp files.
Run something like
Code:
sudo du -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10
to find the 10 largest files. Maybe some movies or temp files are clogging up the FS.
I ran this:
Looks like I don't even have enough space to run the command.

(1st Dec, 2013 01:59 AM)rizzyc Wrote: [ -> ]I ran this:
Looks like I don't even have enough space to run the command.

In future - any output greater than about 10 lines needs to added as a text file, a link to pastbin or the [spoiler] tags inserted.

Well you'll need to free up some space if possible. Remove addons that are no longer required or used (They can be added back at a later stage)
I found this problem, my mistake it was an error in my transmission settings.json
"incomplete-dir": "/home/xbian/incomplete",
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's