Forum

Full Version: Issues with Logitech Harmony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Does mode2 work?
(15th Dec, 2013 09:47 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Does mode2 work?

Nope.
I've been trying to get my GPIO lirc to work and I was always getting device busy when using mode2.
Stopping lirc and then running mode2 worked and I could see the key presses.

Is that because there is a conflict between lirc USB and lirc GPIO?
I just got my HoneyPi GPIO IR Receiver working earlier today.

These are the steps I took.

Edited the /etc/modules file

sudo nano /etc/modules

appended :

lirc_rpi

to the file.

To save file: ctrl+o
To close file: ctrl+x

I'm using a custom lircd.conf file for my remote(an 8-in-1 RadioShack remote), located at /home/xbian/lircd.conf, so I had to edit the /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file.

sudo nano /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

and appended

include "/home/xbian/lircd.conf"

to the file.

To save file: ctrl+o
To close file: ctrl+x

Restarted lirc

sudo restart lirc

And just to make sure, restarted XBMC

sudo restart xbmc

After that it was working, except for the double response, so I edited the /etc/lirc/hardware/lirc_rpi.conf file:

sudo /etc/lirc/hardware/lirc_rpi.conf

and changed:

LIRCD_ARGS="-u"

to:

LIRCD_ARGS=""

After that, my remote was working just like it should.

mode2, irw, and irrecord all worked as expected.

Hope this helps

p.s. this is on XBian_1.0_Beta_2

p.p.s also noted, anytime I stop and restart lirc, seems I need to restart XBMC befor it will respond to the remote.
Any news?
I haven't had a chance to test it with Xbian yet, but I use the Firc USB dongle ($22.95) with a Harmony One on my Raspberry Pi Kodi installation, and it's pretty seamless... the Flirc more or less emulates a USB keyboard. It's not as customizable as I'd like, but does provide all the control I need over Kodi.
For years I've been using the IR receiver from a AVS Gear HA-IR01SV Infrared remote. I have the receiver plugged into my pi, and then use my harmony to control. It works great. I'm currently running Xbian with Kodi 17
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's