Forum

Full Version: Max files limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a maximum number of image files one can show in a slideshow. I used to have a working system which had 19,000 or so photos (in one network share folder) randomly showing. This died a couple of days ago and so far I have not been able to get another XBMC running on my Pi. (I have around 63,000 photos from 11 years of travel that I wish to display!)

Does anyone know if there is a limit to file numbers? I am running on a 4GB SD card and have turned off thumbnails and EXIF info etc.

Thanks
Murray
I would guess that if the file system is FAT32 then the maximum files per folder is limited to 65,534.
(29th Nov, 2013 12:00 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess that if the file system is FAT32 then the maximum files per folder is limited to 65,534.

That would be the first (smallest) barrier I would expect to encounter but something kills the system at just under 20K images.

???????????
Murray
(29th Nov, 2013 08:51 AM)MurrayG Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Nov, 2013 12:00 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess that if the file system is FAT32 then the maximum files per folder is limited to 65,534.

That would be the first (smallest) barrier I would expect to encounter but something kills the system at just under 20K images.

???????????
Murray

anything in log file ?
(29th Nov, 2013 08:51 AM)MurrayG Wrote: [ -> ]That would be the first (smallest) barrier I would expect to encounter but something kills the system at just under 20K images.

@MurrayG

kills the system or kills the XBMC? is "dmesg | tail -40" saying something about OOM? how much memory your RPI has? 256 or 512?
Reference URL's