Forum

Full Version: Skin.Starcraft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my take on a simplistic skin for Xbian and Raspberry Pi.

Main features
  • TV and Movies shows the 10 last additions on the home screen.
  • Videos goes directly to files.
  • Media Center concentric design.
Download
The latest build is available at github here.

(Picture taken in Windows, and slightly bugged because of that)
Upcoming
  • Performance improvements.
  • Re-add the Xbian configuration menu.
Version 0.4.2
  • Minor Performance Tweaks.
Version 0.4.1
  • Added option to disable hardware info at home screen.
  • Added System Info to settings menu.
  • Minor tweaks.
Version 0.4
  • Bug fix.
Version 0.3
  • Slightly faster.
  • Improved positioning & layout.
  • Tweaked default background.
  • Added alternative backgrounds under Skin settings.
Version 0.2
  • New view for Movies.
  • Added tab for Streaming (Video Addons).
  • Fixed a couple of bugs.
Version 0.1b
  • Bug fixes.
Version 0.1
  • Initial release.
have tried to install but get the error message"Addon does not have a correct structure" with the Aeon skin icon...pretty odd I would say
Well I have tested this on windoze machine as I dont have access to my RPi at the moment but this shouldnt be a problem as XBMC is a same build
(30th Nov, 2013 10:03 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]have tried to install but get the error message"Addon does not have a correct structure" with the Aeon skin icon...pretty odd I would say
Well I have tested this on windoze machine as I dont have access to my RPi at the moment but this shouldnt be a problem as XBMC is a same build

Hey,

I did some last minute modifications, but I'll make sure that I didn't break anything, and if so fix it today.

Although, I have not tried it on anything besides on Xbian. I currently install it by simply copying it to the addons folder.

Ah, it is because github creates an additional folder, /skin.starcraft/skin.starcraft/.

You can fix this by manually installing it, or creating a new zip with only one skin.starcraft folder. I'll fix it later on github as well.

This is how it looks on Windows, missing the TV option as it hadn't finished updating.
OK, I did installed manually, to see and check Wink

just want to report first few things

- I really miss the System info, pretty handy for all so I would say to get that back and keep it there
- once you go to System there is a kind of XBian logo instead of Confluence one, but its not new XBian logo, and this is only in System as as you go deeper the Confluence is back
- and yes, if you want more people to use it than all options should be available and customizable (as a default so who wants can hide the rest )

so far good work, so thanks for sharing with us and hope you going to take it to the finished and usable stage, as we have seen some which stayed unfinished whats a real shame
-thx-
The latest version (0.3) is slightly slow on my Raspberry Pi. I would be grateful if someone could test it out and see if it is acceptable. I'll try to optimize it further.
@eandersson

can you provide standard build tool (to get zip for instance) or at least two lines of spoken word around?

you have there .bat file which will hardly run on anything but windows and even there you use hardcoded paths and local tools.

the media files - packed and unpacked as well - this intention from what ever reason or just texture bundle is intended for use ?

also there is Makefile .in file but expecting xbmc sources be installed due to texture tool. i'm sure you can do better. of course we could do it manually - but we do manually our stuff we are sharing with others Smile

if you prepare it for automation (git pull, make, mv zip ->) we can provide it at xbian add repo. it won't take much time, is it? Wink
(5th Dec, 2013 03:14 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@eandersson

can you provide standard build tool (to get zip for instance) or at least two lines of spoken word around?

you have there .bat file which will hardly run on anything but windows and even there you use hardcoded paths and local tools.

the media files - packed and unpacked as well - this intention from what ever reason or just texture bundle is intended for use ?

also there is Makefile .in file but expecting xbmc sources be installed due to texture tool. i'm sure you can do better. of course we could do it manually - but we do manually our stuff we are sharing with others Smile

if you prepare it for automation (git pull, make, mv zip ->) we can provide it at xbian add repo. it won't take much time, is it? Wink

The bat file is actually just from the xbian github, and is only really needed when compiling new textures and requires a xbmc sdk file. I can easily make a script to compile it for the repo. It shouldn't be difficult. I just need to take a look at an existing package to see how it is usually done.
ok, perfect. for repo format would be like this below (assuming add-on name is "skin.xyz" and version from addon.xml is 1.0.5).

1) if texture bundle, remove individual files from below media/ directory
2) folder with skin (addon) contains .zip file which is prepared from parent directory:
zip -r skin.xyz-1.0.5.zip skin.xyz/
3) changelog should be named the same way with version. otherwise XBMC will not be able to display it so:
changelog.txt -> changelog-1.0.5.txt

you can then share .zip with me, I will do the structure by unpacking it etc.
(5th Dec, 2013 07:48 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, perfect. for repo format would be like this below (assuming add-on name is "skin.xyz" and version from addon.xml is 1.0.5).

2) folder with skin (addon) contains .zip file which is prepared from parent directory:
3) changelog should be named the same way with version. otherwise XBMC will not be able to display it so:

I uploaded the makefile. Feel free to help me test it.
(5th Dec, 2013 07:48 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, perfect. for repo format would be like this below (assuming add-on name is "skin.xyz" and version from addon.xml is 1.0.5).

@mk01 your mailbox is full. I can't send you messages. Tongue
"mk01 has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent."
yes this happens once a week. but it is ok already.
Reference URL's