Forum

Full Version: Strange issue: sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Update: my system is now working as expected. Thanks for all your help and keep up the good works!
My system is working as expected now, thanks for your help!!
I've an update, not all software was working.
I had various permission issue with all the packages contained in "xbian-package-download".
The quick solution was reinstall all package:

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-transmission
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-nzbget
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-sickbeard
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-couchpotato
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-headphones

Now everything is good!

Thanks for your help.
Now I'm having the issue with the sudo message. I remake the whole sdcard, do the updates (even tried to use devel) and after a few days the sudo problem comes back trashing my installation.

It seems to happens always after a reboot of the system. I wonder if the package that causes this has been identified.

At this point is really frustrating.

(24th Dec, 2013 06:57 PM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ]I've an update, not all software was working.
I had various permission issue with all the packages contained in "xbian-package-download".
The quick solution was reinstall all package:

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-transmission
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-nzbget
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-sickbeard
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-couchpotato
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-headphones

Now everything is good!

Thanks for your help.
@dgarciam

What did you before this issues came up?

I don't think that the package was identified. Most of those packages are old (bzw, I'm not using that download packages)

And of course, this thread is also very old Dodgy
@dgarciam,

Tell us more about your set up.

For a start I would look at the power supply you are using and its ratings.
Also, what make and type of memory card?
What else is connected to USB ports?

S>
Of Course. Here is my setup:

RPI2
HDD 1TB NTFS connected to it.
Networking is all wired.
SD CARD: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card

First was running stable version and now running devel (upgrade via apt-get dist-upgrade instead of apt upgrade, which i learned today was the best way).

Today at lunch, i went home with an restored image i did last time i had to rebuild the pi. Once everything booted, I uninstalled maraschino and headphone (purged) since i didn't use them, and last time i installed headphones alone, upgraded some package and all went to hell, after that commented all the apt sources and chmod 400 /etc/init.d/unattended-upgrades, since i noticed that the problem came always after a reboot when a single package was pending. Don't know which package, because an apt list --upgradable never told me which package was gonna be upgraded.

After I rebooted a couple times w/o problems. Let's hope this time i won't have the problem. In 6 months i will enable the sources, do an upgrade and see how all goes.

Finally, installed plexserver. So, i have running and working normally: kodi, sickbeard, nzget, plexserver, couchpotato.

Sorry to not be able to bring more info at the moment, and just rant. But honestly, the last 2 weeks were nasty.

Dan.-

(8th Sep, 2016 02:57 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]@dgarciam,

Tell us more about your set up.

For a start I would look at the power supply you are using and its ratings.
Also, what make and type of memory card?
What else is connected to USB ports?

S>
(8th Sep, 2016 06:05 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]First was running stable version and now running devel (upgrade via apt-get dist-upgrade instead of apt upgrade, which i learned today was the best way).

That was bad idea. Look to FAQ, section Why should I not use apt-get

Enabling devel repo and sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get upgrade is enough

Quote:Today at lunch, i went home with an restored image i did last time i had to rebuild the pi. Once everything booted, I uninstalled maraschino and headphone (purged) since i didn't use them, and last time i installed headphones alone, upgraded some package and all went to hell, after that commented all the apt sources and chmod 400 /etc/init.d/unattended-upgrades, since i noticed that the problem came always after a reboot when a single package was pending. Don't know which package, because an apt list --upgradable never told me which package was gonna be upgraded.

Hmmm, still not clear what exactly happened.

But anyway, for those situations we have snapshots. They allows easy and fast restoring to a previous working point. Before you install packages via apt-get (but not with dpkg), system makes a snapshot of your / fs. This works really great, there is only one limitation: /boot partition is not preserved, you have to keep this mind when kernel is updated

Quote:After I rebooted a couple times w/o problems. Let's hope this time i won't have the problem. In 6 months i will enable the sources, do an upgrade and see how all goes.

Finally, installed plexserver. So, i have running and working normally: kodi, sickbeard, nzget, plexserver, couchpotato.

Sorry to not be able to bring more info at the moment, and just rant. But honestly, the last 2 weeks were nasty.

But you have working system again, that's the most important Smile
That is what i meant. I read that apt dist-upgrade is a no-no on xbian. Will have it clear next time, but after so many years on debian and then ubuntu, habits die hard.

The problem is (at least to my knowledge. I admit being a noob to btfrs) i can't roll back a snapshot w/o root access. Sudo is not working, and the password i previously set for root i can't use it using su - anymore (worked at the time of set up).

I tried to make a cronjob that would call a non root bash script that would list the snapshots available, and then i could modify to restore any snapshot i wanted, but i accidentally chmod +s the script as root and of course i wasn't able to modify the script anymore
(8th Sep, 2016 07:32 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th Sep, 2016 06:05 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]First was running stable version and now running devel (upgrade via apt-get dist-upgrade instead of apt upgrade, which i learned today was the best way).

That was bad idea. Look to FAQ, section Why should I not use apt-get

Enabling devel repo and sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get upgrade is enough

Hmmm, still not clear what exactly happened.

But anyway, for those situations we have snapshots. They allows easy and fast restoring to a previous working point. Before you install packages via apt-get (but not with dpkg), system makes a snapshot of your / fs. This works really great, there is only one limitation: /boot partition is not preserved, you have to keep this mind when kernel is updated

Quote:After I rebooted a couple times w/o problems. Let's hope this time i won't have the problem. In 6 months i will enable the sources, do an upgrade and see how all goes.

But you have working system again, that's the most important Smile

Thanks for your (willingness to) help anyways.

Dan.-
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's