Forum

Full Version: /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly - OOM issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dear users,

some of you reported dpkg process (apt-get update/upgrade) failing, crashing after upgrade to Beta2 with 256mb RPI models.

it looks like solution is found. fixed xbian-update package will soon be issued to stable repo and available to installation.

we are waiting for few more confirmations that really the fix worked for all reported users. currently fixed xbian-update package version 1.0.2-11d will wait at staging few more days. but any of you not wanting to wait, can install manually by downloading the package and installing.

because installation can fail again - thus leaving no way for auto update, this steps would allow you to temporarily pass around and install the fix:
Code:
sudo -i
rm /etc/sysctl.d/xbian.conf
reboot

sudo -i
cd /tmp
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/staging/main/x/xbian-update/xbian-update_1.0.2-11d_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xbian-update_1.0.2-11d_armhf.deb
reboot

if some of you get to this post later and xbian-update would be already moved to stable, instead of the second part (after rm file and reboot) you can use the usual ways - xbian-config, or apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.
Reference URL's