Forum

Full Version: Console output when exiting XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have got one problem that we have been trying to solve for 4 Alpha now. When exiting XBMC you should be redirected to terminal 2 and see a console login screen. However we still got complains that this still doesn't work. We would like to know if this problem still persists or if it a specific user cases. If the problem is still there, please help us fix it, because we somehow still can't...

Because the terminal has a screensaver of itself, please press some keys or wiggle with your mouse to make sure it isn't the screensaver that blanks out the screen.
When I exit the screen is just blank and I need to unplug my pi to restart it.
Not working here, CEC disconnects the Pi from the TV and can't reconnect.
@Koenkk, so the whole screen is gone?
same here, just a black screen, no console so I can confirm
Can the people who voted tell us something about your setup?
not sure what exact you want to know

Connections
- HDMI connection RPi>ONKYO>Panasonic Plasma
- LAN connection
- solid 5V 2.1A PSU
- CEC (no remote,keyboard,mouse or anything connected to USB ports)

Video
- resolution 1920@1080/60 -refresh rate adjusting depend on sources 24/50/60

Audio
- 5.1 HDMI
- DTS Capable Receiver
- DD Capable Receiver

if you would like some more info, let me know what exact you want to know
@rikardo1979 and the rest, that's just about it Smile
My connection is HDMI to LCD TV, wireless, 5v PSU, I use the XBMC app on my phone as a remote, 720 resolution.
Same here. Just installed and was searching for a cli somewhere..... Closing xbmc takes to darkness ;-)
@subbia, tell us something about your setup (like Rikardo did).
Generally I have seen a console login prompt when Exiting XBMC. That does not worry me though. On a few occasions I have just seen a blank screen. Unfortunately I do not remember whether the blank screens usually appeared when testing a problematic build or just randomly.
Remember that this could also be due to the console screensaver. You then need to press some keys to stop the screensaver.
What keys do you need to press? I can test that to see if that is what my problem is. If that is the problem is there a way to shut off the console screensaver?
Just like in windows, let the computer know you want to use it. So shouldn't matter what keys.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's