Forum

Full Version: Setup XBian for webm files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
First thanks for your work . I add to my HomeNetwork (PC Opensuse 12.3 ( XBMC 12.2), Lenovo Storagecenter Ix4-300d 12TB (with Mysql Server), TV Sony Bravia (HDMI port 2 TV) + Sony Homecinema) my raspberry model B with Xbian.1.02 Beta 2 (with Raspberry Codecs).
And it's work "out of the box". Great
Also the remote control with android Samsung S4 works fine ( after installation HTTP Server + config changes) !!

Now my question:
I have some *.webm files in my mediatheque, I can read this files with the Opensuse 12.3 Box, but with the Raspberry Xbian i've only the sound on the Sony TV.
After Google search i install the deb ffmpeg packages, same issue. What must I do for setup webm files in my Raspberry Xbian Box.

Merci par avance

Michael
Can you get some codec information. It sounds like it's mpeg which needs a license number installed for video playback

I've just downloaded a TEST webm file from the internet Big Buck Bunny and it plays fine on my machine with an mpeg license.

Can you download this same test file and see if it plays. If not it seems you will need an MPEG license.

Alternatively, see if you can use handbrake to convert them.
(20th Dec, 2013 05:41 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get some codec information. It sounds like it's mpeg which needs a license number installed for video playback

I've just downloaded a TEST webm file from the internet Big Buck Bunny and it plays fine on my machine with an mpeg license.

Can you download this same test file and see if it plays. If not it seems you will need an MPEG license.

Alternatively, see if you can use handbrake to convert them.
Hi
Thank you for your answer. I have try a reinstall of ffmpeg, and its works now fine.For the codecs I've buyed and installed the two "raspberry" Codecs, before the ffmpeg installation.

Thanks

Michael
it is not MPEG.

http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm file is VP8 and Google made it free.

On my RPI it is playing, on codec info XBMC showing VP8 as video codec.

Code:
sudo -i
for codec in H264 WVC1 MPG2 VP8 VORBIS MJPG DTS DDP; do vcgencmd codec_enabled $codec; done

for checking licensed codecs.
Reference URL's