Forum

Full Version: no screen but sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

just installed Xbian and connected to my Mediaportal Server. At the beginning everything looked fine but than i saw that i saw nothing Big Grin
When i play a movie or start Live TV i can hear the sound but i can´t see anything on the screen.

Maybe someone can help me.
Are these movies MPEG at all? If so you will need a license.

Can you play avi, mp4 or mkv files?

If not can you provide the information requested in “Please read before you post”.
(24th Dec, 2013 12:48 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Are these movies MPEG at all? If so you will need a license.

Can you play avi, mp4 or mkv files?

If not can you provide the information requested in “Please read before you post”.

thanks for your fast reply - i guess the Mediaportal .ts container includes mpeg2 files.
I need the Raspberry serial for the mpeg-codec i guess the serial in systeminfo-->hardware is the correct one?

Also i saw that the cpu is ~ 850Mhz - xbian overlocked it automatically?
I don't know what .ts files are but if you play one in VLC you should be able to get the codec used.

If it is MPEG then the serial code is obtained by running
Terminal
cat /proc/cpuinfo
or as you said "System -> Hardware."

EDIT: .ts files

Yes Xbian standard is 840Mhz. You should be able to lower the overclock to None (700Mhz) without too many issues.
thx bought the mpeg2 codec now everything is fine
Reference URL's