Forum

Full Version: Cache full
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

i set up my RPI (Model B 512mb Rev2) with Xbian today and started UPNP Streaming a MKV Testmovie (Big Buck Bunny) from my synology to xbian.

then, there was a message box saying "cache full before something something something..." - and the movie stutters all the time, this also happens with other MKV testmovies...

Is there a way to resize the cache?

Thanks for helping a newb
Benno
I've played that movie from a HDD and it plays fine. Resizing the cache is not the issue.

I would use NFS or SMB NOT UPnP. That should solve your issue.

If you are still getting issues, please provide the information in "Please read before you post" and include the xbmc.log via pastebin.
Hello iridium,

Thanks for that tip. I will try that as soon as i known How to share the folder via NFS.

Besides that, How could i change the cache size if i would like to do so?

Benno
If you have a Synology then the process is easy.

You can change the buffer size if you want to in advancedsettings.xml. Please post your results.
I will.

Where would i find that file on xbian?

Benno
Please provide all information as requested in "Please read before you post" - which of course you have read.
Software
XBian version: latest
XBMC version: Frodo
Overclock settings: Xbian

Hardware
Power supply rating: 1.1A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B Rev 2 512mb
SD card size and make/type: 16GB Sanyo Extreme
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN 1GB
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): V (via HDMI) Synology NAS (via LAN)

Logile
Link to logfile(s): -soon to follow

Problem description: - see above

How to reproduce:
play the movie

Honestly, i respect the forum and your job as mod. but i dont see all those information helping me to locate that file Big Grin
Ill get the logfile tomorrow, as it is 10pm here now Smile

Thanks for helping
Benno
The logfile is located in /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata
Ok, so i switched to NFS and it seems to work pretty well! THANKS Man!
Reference URL's