Forum

Full Version: Operate Beta 2 without a Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to run Xbian beta 2 without a keyboard attached? I have setup the system with a keyboard attached but don't want to leave one plugged in permanently (want to use the Yatse app on my tablet to control).

I have tried unplugging it once and it basically stopped responding and wouldn't boot back up. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
sure. I have it all the time without keyboard attached ;-) did I get it right that your system doesn't even bootup properly when you unplug your keyboard? I can't understand why this would happen.
I never had a keyboard attached to my XBian setup if I remember right. SSH and Yatse worked right from the beginning
(10th Jan, 2014 04:26 PM)marke08 Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried unplugging it once and it basically stopped responding and wouldn't boot back up. Any thoughts?

this must have been a glitch at USB level causing some issues.

definitely not Keyboard dependency. If you want to be nice & gentle, shutdown with keyboard attached. once system down, remove keyboard and cycle power.
(10th Jan, 2014 06:45 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10th Jan, 2014 04:26 PM)marke08 Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried unplugging it once and it basically stopped responding and wouldn't boot back up. Any thoughts?

this must have been a glitch at USB level causing some issues.

definitely not Keyboard dependency. If you want to be nice & gentle, shutdown with keyboard attached. once system down, remove keyboard and cycle power.

Tried unplugging while system was down. Rebooted and get a message about mounting. Gives me 3 built in commands to run to restore system but none of them do anything. When i plug back in the USB keyboard, still wont reboot.

Commands are things like 'reb' and it makes mention of chroot.

Any further thoughts?
Firstly - not too sure why you can't leave a keyboard attached - if security, then Xbian will recognise a new plugged in USB keyboard so that can't be it.

Must be pesky kids, cat or dog then.

Xbian can be controlled via apps Yatse or XBMC remote and also via a web browser, so the option are out there.

However something seems to be amiss.

Can you post the output of the command dmesg, xbmc.log, cmdline.txt and config.txt via pastebin and also screenshots of the errors you get (Or camera)
Reference URL's