Forum

Full Version: [SCRIPT] DownloadDaemon (lightweight download server)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi community,

as it seems that you are getting here not only a super XBMC distro for the Raspberry Pi
but also gold status support for free, I decided to give something back.

For all who want to use their Raspberry (running XBian) additionally as download manager,
here is an simple bash script that will do all the work for you.

What type of download manager is it?:

DownloadDaemon is a very lightweight download server daemon which supports among
other features many one-click-hoster including premium accounts, auto reconnect, unpacking, etc... (lightweight alternative to JDownloader and pyLoad)
It's just the daemon running on your Raspberry and you will use it via a GUI client that is available
for Windows and Linux. There's also a webclient, but this script will only setup the daemon as it's
more lightweight than running also a webserver.

For more info and downloading the client, please check: http://downloaddaemon.sourceforge.net/

What the script does:
  • installing all dependencies that are required for compiling and installing DownloadDaemon
  • downloading, compiling and installing DownloadDaemon (newest nightly build from svn)
  • setting up DownloadDaemon to run as user 'xbian'
  • setting location of configuration and downloadlist files to /home/xbian/.downloaddaemon
  • setting default download dir to /home/xbian (please change after installation just as you like)
  • registering DownloadDaemon as service in xbian-config, so that you can start/autostart the service via xbian-config
  • optional installing unrar for auto unpacking rar archives after downloading

How to use:

[attachment=283]

Download xbian_installDD.zip and unpack it on to your Raspberry with Xbian running. (Ziped it, because I coudn't attach just the script here.)
Make sure that your Pi is connected to the internet, as the script needs to download some packages/files.

Then run following commands in the same dir where the script file is via shell:
Terminal

chmod +x xbian_installDD.sh
sudo ./xbian_installDD.sh

Thats it, the script will start to guide you through the install process but there is almost nothing more to do for you.

Afterwards you can just activate the downloadd service via xbian-config and connect via client to your own lightweight
download server. Don't forget to configure DownloadDaemon for your needs, this can be done via the client GUI.

Have fun!
josch Smile

________________________________________________________________________________​___________________________________

How to uninstall:

[attachment=290]

Not what you was looking for? -> No Problem, just download the uninstall script and do the same stuff as you did with the installation script.
This will undo all changes made by the installation script.

Terminal

chmod +x xbian_uninstallDD.sh
sudo ./xbian_uninstallDD.sh

You may want to have a look on my pyLoad script as a more complex alternative.
Thats great.
Thanks for your work!
I can't download from Mega.co.nz, I add the link and DownloadDaemon downloads a 800kb-+ file...
@Pau Tantan:

That's because there is no plugin for this hoster yet. But you can create your own.

DownloadDaemon Wiki Wrote:DownloadDaemon uses a plugin system for parsing one-click-host sites. So everyone can write plugins that integrate in DownloadDaemon. Theoretically, most programming-languages can be used, as long as they can work with a C++-interface, however, C++ is prefered because of portability (a Java virtual machine or a python-interpreter is just not available on every platform).

So copy an existing plugin and edit it to match the API for your hoster.
thanks for your contribution to this already great project. will try it some day because I was never a big friend of neither jd nor pyload tbh Tongue
so I tested it out, installed everything which was very easy by just calling your script Smile
unfortunately I have to say that I don't really feel comfortable with DD. so is there a quick way to uninstall DD including all the leftover dependencies (bunch of packages that were installed before compiling)? would be grateful to know that
Sure, just check the first post again.

Have a nice day Smile
@josch: thank you very much Smile hopefully I didn't remove too much..to be safe I left "build-essentials" untouched although it's a massive 45MB of disk space.
The package 'build-essential' is just a collection of tools and libs you need to build/compile from source.
You should be safe removing this from your XBian. But of course, you can just keep if you like to compile some
programs from source again in future.

But consider: removing just 'build-essential' by hand will not remove the packages it brings with during installation.

To do so, just run:
Terminal

apt-get purge --auto-remove gcc-4.6-base make libtimedate-perl libmpfr4

This will also remove the collection package 'build-essential'....
Please note: the uninstall script will already ask you for removing the whole build-essential package
Thanks, really love that script and saved a lot of time for me.
Thank you, your script was really helpful. I want to ask you the gui's IP Port in order to get in the gui start configure Smile
EDIT: I installed gui for my Windows and I saw the port number "56789" but it's not working like in the Transmission. Anyway I'll continue use with the Windows software. Thank you again Smile
Reference URL's