Forum

Full Version: Raspberry loosing video signal sometimes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a weird problem which occurs occasionaly. Yesterday whilst watching Star Wars it happened twice. Raspberry is loosing video signal for a second, audio plays fine (I can see it looses signal as my TV shows blue screen which is a default screen when there is no signal). As I said it happened twice during one movie, sometimes it's not happening at all. Also i can see that there is a horizontal bar (brown or black) showing on the screen. Unfortunately I cannot make any screenshots because it happens randomly and dissapears too quickly.
I have a good HDMI cable (it was connected to ATV2 before). For the power source I tried on a generic 5V/2A (but good quality) and charger from HP Touchpad which is confirmed to work properly.
Any ideas? where to look for a solution?
Best thing to do is send the output from dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin as requested in Please read before you post.

Also, if possible send the details of the codec used (and type of file - DVD, MP4, Avi wmv etc)

Doesn't sound like a Xbian issue more a hardware problem. Check all your connections are tight and try another HDMI port on your TV
(14th Jan, 2014 01:50 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Best thing to do is send the output from dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin as requested in Please read before you post.

Also, if possible send the details of the codec used (and type of file - DVD, MP4, Avi wmv etc)

Doesn't sound like a Xbian issue more a hardware problem. Check all your connections are tight and try another HDMI port on your TV

The thing is nothing special is in the log (I know how to read it, have a long experience in XBMC and Linux). Thing is nothing related is there. I will check with different cable, otherwise maybe it's this particual PI problem. Just wanted to check if anybody else had something similar.
Reference URL's