Forum

Full Version: Epic Problems with Beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had all kinds of problems with beta 2. Today everything literally stopped functioning, couldn't even restart or shutdown the PI. Is there any place in can get Alpha 5 still? I never had any issues with it
(17th Jan, 2014 07:11 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]http://xbian.brantje.com/images/

Thanks MK01, boneheaded question though, how do i install the raw image file to an SD card. I have always used the Windows Installer.

Thanks for the quick response though!
Use Winrar or 7-Zip to uncompress the file. This should leave you with a "normal".img file.

Could you give us some of the problesm you have been having. As far as the majority of - nay all - users haven't had any major problems with beta 2. If it's add-ons then that's beyond our control.
(18th Jan, 2014 02:33 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Use Winrar or 7-Zip to uncompress the file. This should leave you with a "normal".img file.

Could you give us some of the problesm you have been having. As far as the majority of - nay all - users haven't had any major problems with beta 2. If it's add-ons then that's beyond our control.

Glad too, probably should note i'm more a less a novice to this whole thing. But some of the problems i have been facing are:

1) Keyboard will not function one intial boot up.
2) Initial install hangs on Fsresize screen and won't complete
3) Upon install, the screens take 20-30 seconds to load(basic screens like settings)
4) Attempt to set screen resolution to 1080 but it keeps resetting
5) Reboot does not work(literally does nothing or hangs on rebooting screen)
6) On mutliple occasions the system seems to crash and take me to a command prompt asking me to login. Default logins do nothing and i end up having to unplug
7) I can't unplug the USB keyboard without it crashing. It takes me to a screen about regarding "mount" and i can never get out of it, even if i plug usb keyboard back in and restart(usually wipe SD card clean and start over).
8) This has only happened once, but yesterday everything gave me script errors. That included trying to load things like the System--> add ons screen. All apps did the same(recognize this part isn't in your wheelhouse).

All in all, items 1-7 happen before any customization is done. Item 8 only happened after I ran the XBMCHUB tool(not freshstart just the one to load all apps).

I'm willing to provide any supporting info I can, but may need you guys to tell me how to get it. Apologies if my terminology and descriptions seem archaic, again i'm a novice at best.
Thanks for that

1) Had this before - KB needs to be in the RPi USB and not on a USB hub - especially if IR - something to do with the boot priority. Adding a normal USB KB during setup will solve this.
2) Common problem - seems to be associated with the Xbian installer on Win7/8 - works fine on XP Win32diskimager is the best way.
3) Will do - a lot of things are happening on first boot. It will settle down.
4) You need to accept the resolution message
5) A known problem - I reported it
6) No idea without need further debug information,
7) Had this as well. It's the RPi not Xbian. My test machine does this but not my main.
8) Will really need more information. Addons are really beyond our control.

I'm sorry you've had so much grief - give it a couple of months and try again - Beta 2 is the way forward.
Reference URL's