Forum

Full Version: Terratec cinergy htc usb xs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

New to Xbian, so apologies if I'm posting garbage.

I'm trying to get my Pi (under xbian) talking to my Terratec cinergy htc usb xs DVB-C card.

Now, I know that this card is not supported under Linux BUT apparently there is a patch (here) to get it to work.

To use this patch I need to edit / linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-cards.c, and this is my problem: I can't "find" this file in Xbian!

Can someone tell me how I can locate this file so I can edit it? Thanks in advance
Martin
By virtue that the suffix is .c shows it's a C source file.

Which makes me think you'll need to compile the patch yourself (The link errors as an untrusted connection - so I won't look any further).

However, I doubt you'll succeed because of dependencies.

Have you actually tried the card with Xbian - what errors do you get.

Can you post the output of dmesg lsmod and lsusb

Found the source Here

If it is really an em28xx then that has already been compiled into the kernel.

Do sudo modprobe em28xx

and try using the device.
Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for my slow one.

Well I know from trying to get the card to work under Ubuntu a while back there is no firmware available. The card gets recognised as a Terratec device but doesn't do anything. The patch is to treat the card as a different Terratec device for which there is firmware.

Meanwhile I have got a backend working on my PC, which the RasbPi can use, so I have a working "solution".

I've have a play in an idle moment and try the things you suggest. Thanks again.
M
If it doesn't work "as is" or with tweaks - it will mean getting the Xbian kernel source - making the changes to the .c file and recompiling the kernel.

However, this will also mean you will be unstable with any future releases, so it seems to me a bit of no brainer - unless you want the experience.

For £30 or whatever they are, it would be easier to just buy a new TV card - see the RPi website for supported cards.
for 30 you get dual tuner DVBT including IR and MCE6 compat remote !

manal18

This usb is best for working and also has a good quality to store the data.
@Martin Terjan

I applied the patch
with next -kernel package you have it in.
Reference URL's