Forum

Full Version: enabling codecs issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why my codecs won't enable.

I've tried using xbian-config and then removing that and trying manually editing the config.txt via putty and adding via editing the config.txt in windows to no avail.

Please can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Quote: xbian@xbian:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS : 697.95
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xb76
CPU revision : 7

Hardware : BCM2708
Revision : 000e

Quote: GNU nano 2.2.6 File: config.txt

arm_freq=840
core_freq=375
disable_overscan=1
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=100
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0
decode_MPG2=0x1111111
decode_WVC1=0x1111111

Quote: xbian@xbian:~# /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd codec_enabled mpg2
mpg2=disabled

xbian@xbian:~# /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd codec_enabled wvc1
wvc1=disabled

I've checked several times that the codes are the same as the ones that have been sent to me. Please help!!
Are you sure you ordered the license on the right pi serial number? Also are you 100% about the text after decode_MPG2= & decode_WVC1=
Yeah, the code "0x11111111" doesn't look right.
If you really got this code, you probably entered the wrong serial in the shop or something went wrong on the raspberrypi side. In the footer of the site is an email adress. You should write them a short email and ask for help.
(6th Jan, 2013 04:23 AM)namtih Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the code "0x11111111" doesn't look right.
If you really got this code, you probably entered the wrong serial in the shop or something went wrong on the raspberrypi side. In the footer of the site is an email adress. You should write them a short email and ask for help.

Yeah i changed that to show all 1's because i was paranoid about putting the actual one up. sorry.
No need because they're RPi specific. We would actually have to steal your RPi to use them Wink
(6th Jan, 2013 09:32 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]No need because they're RPi specific. We would actually have to steal your RPi to use them Wink

Ahh fair enough. Won't surprise me if someone will be spoofing serials in the future somehow any ideas about this problem though?
Found out i need to put MPG2 and WVC1 in capitals when using the VCGENCMD >< *facepalm* turns out the video i was trying to use was just buggered.

Thanks anyway.
Reference URL's